Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 02-Oct-2009, 23:46
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outliar
Actually Ray, wonder if you could do me a favour and reply to that thread for me and ask him to contact me? Just in case he doesn't check his PMs - he's getting old and may not be able to read the small numbers ;-)

Done.
Directed the seller to this thread and alerted him to PM.

Ray
Old 02-Oct-2009, 23:49
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
Quote:
Hi Ray, thanks for that. I've sent him a PM already (can't post in the for sale forum for 7 days as a new member for some reason), so waiting to hear back. Will be trying the 1098 for size as well, but in all honesty I'm not sure I need 160bhp. Watch this space...

I think a great man once said/ or stole the phrase....JUST DO IT

you can't ever say you don't need the horses, unlike Dementor I have evolved on only 2 Dukes, the outstanding 996s and now the 1098s and believe me I loved the former but the latter.........well chocolate does it for women if you get my drift

Chalk and cheese as far as 996/998 is concerned, if you are used to Jap in line 4's then this has the mystique and superb sound AND now the performance to boot.

No more thinking eh......go for it.
Old 03-Oct-2009, 00:30
Bikes: Recent bikes: ZX6R (05), GSXR1000 (K2), 998S (02),

Mood: Generally good
Ray, you're a star. Many thanks.
Old 03-Oct-2009, 00:43

Dukeman,

Just the man to ask about that 1098s! I've been browsing MCN and Ducati dealer websites having fun contemplating my options... and I have a few questions for you.

Yes I've had a GSXR1000, but it didn't really do it for me. Fast but brakes and handling not as good as an ohlins suspended and Brembo equipped Duke. My 998S was far better to ride on track.

Most recently I traded down to a ZX6R - call me a wimp, but I wasn't enjoying the track riding so much. Not intimidated you understand, ahem. Anyhow, loved the 636 on track and my riding really moved on some (I previously had done Levels 1 to 4 at CSS over a few seasons, so knew what I was doing on track - or rather, what I was supposed to be doing). Much more confident now, and quicker, and ready to move up again.

Where was I? Oh yes, my questions. I've read here in the forum and in bike mags that the 1098 is quite aggressive on the throttle and wheelie prone. I don't see the point of all that power if you can't use it for forward motion! Are there any mods (eg sprocket changes?) that will help get more forward drive out of corners? What's your experience, if you ride on track? I'd appreciate any pointers.

I do LOVE the look of the 1098. So much better than the 999, though it's growing on me I have to say. I'm contemplating a 999R - JHP has a 2003 bike... fancy an R, and couldn't afford the 1098...

Nice talking.
Old 03-Oct-2009, 01:09
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Quote:
Dukeman,
Where was I? Oh yes, my questions. I've read here in the forum and in bike mags that the 1098 is quite aggressive on the throttle and wheelie prone. I don't see the point of all that power if you can't use it for forward motion! Are there any mods (eg sprocket changes?) that will help get more forward drive out of corners? What's your experience, if you ride on track? I'd appreciate any pointers.
Nice talking.

Power Commander.....sorted

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 03-Oct-2009, 03:09

No more excuses left then :-)
Old 11-Nov-2010, 14:40
Bikes: 848 EVO

Mood: Thrilled my 848 evo is quick enough
Welcome Back

Hi Mate, Funny enough I did the same, I gave up my 999 after my close friend decided to try and become one with my bike! (did a decent job too!)

I repaired the bike, but it just never felt the same, I gave it up and then tried all and I mean all the jap thou's, several thousand pounds of debt later I have bought a new Ducati, and I love it.

Take the plunge man you won't look back.

I am new to the forum myself, but welcome.