Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-Oct-2006, 12:15
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
As we were driving away from Cadwell on Sunday having spent the last few hours packing the van up to the gunnells with the two race bikes plus the newly aquired Scooter the camping kit and all the rest that goes with it we passed comment dispit all the hard work involved with and that knacked feeling at the end of the day its worth it, for all the above comments from Fil2
I bet every one of those that were at Cadwell went home with a feeling of satisfaction whether there were there to race or there to watch
It does feel special to be involved with not only the DD but the DSC for one would not be with out the other. I was not the only proud father watching there son or daughter blat round a race track there were many other from within the DSC "family" there.
How good is it to see your Regional members turn up and be able to get them a few free tickets donated by the DD riders,have a beer ready for em,get a bit of parking sorted out. How good is it to have freinds come and stay and join in the commeraderie and share the atmospere of the paddock
How good is it to see the battles on the track then hear the banter after wards. How good is it to help get a bike back on track and see the smile of the face of the rider knowing alls well. How good is it to see admoration and respect to one another. It looks like the table has been set for next year, the menu looks good, there may be a few burnt bits on the edge of the pie as there allways it but that does'nt make the pie less tasty.I would like to congratulate all the members of the DSC DD on making this a remarkable series. By all accounts ever one is now looking forwards to the DSC Dinner and Tango which is one event 4D is not going to miss. Ill see you there. Regards 4D
Old 09-Oct-2006, 12:21
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordie
As we were driving away from Cadwell on Sunday having spent the last few hours packing the van up to the gunnells with the two race bikes plus the newly aquired Scooter the camping kit and all the rest that goes with it we passed comment dispit all the hard work involved with and that knacked feeling at the end of the day its worth it, for all the above comments from Fil2
I bet every one of those that were at Cadwell went home with a feeling of satisfaction whether there were there to race or there to watch
It does feel special to be involved with not only the DD but the DSC for one would not be with out the other. I was not the only proud father watching there son or daughter blat round a race track there were many other from within the DSC "family" there.
How good is it to see your Regional members turn up and be able to get them a few free tickets donated by the DD riders,have a beer ready for em,get a bit of parking sorted out. How good is it to have freinds come and stay and join in the commeraderie and share the atmospere of the paddock
How good is it to see the battles on the track then hear the banter after wards. How good is it to help get a bike back on track and see the smile of the face of the rider knowing alls well. How good is it to see admoration and respect to one another. It looks like the table has been set for next year, the menu looks good, there may be a few burnt bits on the edge of the pie as there allways it but that does'nt make the pie less tasty.I would like to congratulate all the members of the DSC DD on making this a remarkable series. By all accounts ever one is now looking forwards to the DSC Dinner and Tango which is one event 4D is not going to miss. Ill see you there. Regards 4D

So where's Kelly's report?! How did she get on?

I'm curious because I followed her for a while at the Cadwell track days and a few of us who were instructing were thinking she'd go quite well and surprise a few people?

Were we right?
Old 09-Oct-2006, 12:26
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Yup great weekend
Old 09-Oct-2006, 12:34
Ducati Corse

Im hoping Kelly will come on and tell us, but ---
Kelly was cool as the prevurbrial cucumber it was me crapping me self. I think Kelly went out to test the water primerally, did a 1.59 to quallify and looked good especially through Halls, nice and smooth (bit like the old man )
Reckon the times will increase as the race experiance goes on .

KKKeeellly you turn
Old 09-Oct-2006, 13:22
DSC Club Member
Montjuic

Mood: www.trap5racing.co.uk
Awesome racing!!....
'WELL DONE KELLY' you rock!!
& big thanks 2 all the troopers from the 4D/OD2 camp...
stroll on March!!!!
Old 09-Oct-2006, 13:35
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj010
Awesome racing!!....
'WELL DONE KELLY' you rock!!
& big thanks 2 all the troopers from the 4D/OD2 camp...
stroll on March!!!!

Hey guess what, I started making myself some practice Poi ... just need two tennis balls now ... I had someone teaching me while I was on holiday recently, I'm hooked!

I might give the fire bit a miss for a year or seven though ..
Old 09-Oct-2006, 13:44
Ducati Corse

Few pics from Cadwell

Who said size does'nt matter,it was 4" that seperated Fil2 from Hawk at the line TTTTeeerrifficc stuff lads

Fil2 recieving the wonderfull Scooter prize from The Mrs Scottersho[IMG]

4D

Last edited by Fordie : 09-Oct-2006 at 13:47.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 13:48
DSC Club Member
Montjuic

Mood: www.trap5racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Hey guess what, I started making myself some practice Poi ... just need two tennis balls now ... I had someone teaching me while I was on holiday recently, I'm hooked!

I might give the fire bit a miss for a year or seven though ..
Was too windy to fire swing at cadders this weekend. Ive been teaching Kelly, so it will be great if theres a few of us next year... you can get good poi from www.oddballs.co.uk the beanbag ones are great & they glow, so you still get a good effect in the dark without the risk of burning your hair off!
Old 09-Oct-2006, 13:54
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj010
Was too windy to fire swing at cadders this weekend. Ive been teaching Kelly, so it will be great if theres a few of us next year... you can get good poi from www.oddballs.co.uk the beanbag ones are great & they glow, so you still get a good effect in the dark without the risk of burning your hair off!

I'll have a look, thanks

I've been on www.homeofpoi.com and reading some stuff. I just need to get my own set sorted out so I can get in the back garden and practice ... you know, smack myself in the face a few more times, got myself a beauty in the nuts in Egypt, had to sit down for a bit!

ooh!
Old 09-Oct-2006, 13:55
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
I'll have a look, thanks

I've been on www.homeofpoi.com and reading some stuff. I just need to get my own set sorted out so I can get in the back garden and practice ... you know, smack myself in the face a few more times, got myself a beauty in the nuts in Egypt, had to sit down for a bit!

ooh!

I know you're from Down Under, but are you turning????