Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Nov-2009, 09:42
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I reckon you could build a DD bike in your sleep!!! - just how many have you built???
Old 16-Nov-2009, 10:47
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Just put the ECU, Dash and Ignition Key on my 2006 S2R 800 and that started up OK. so it looks like there is an issue with the harness.

Anybody got a wiring diagram for a 2002 M620Sie that they could post up or point me in the direction of as I only have a wiring diagram for the 2005 model.
There may be another differnce in the two that i'm not aware of

Kev,

I've got a workshop manual with wiring diagrams for a 2002 model if you still need info?

Paul

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 16-Nov-2009, 11:07
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paynep
Kev,

I've got a workshop manual with wiring diagrams for a 2002 model if you still need info?

Paul

Thanks for the offer Paul, hopefully I'm sorted now that the bike is running, still not sure if I need to have the 12 volt feed for the lights going to the clocks like I need to with my 2006 model S2R, but thats easy to sort, may just fit it in there anyway and have a ullet connector in line so I can try it plug'd in and unplug'd .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
I reckon you could build a DD bike in your sleep!!! - just how many have you built???

Only Class B ones Tim, Class A ones I seem to have a problem with, well my own anyway, we will have to see how converting Dallas's bike to a Class A bike works out, but he along with Andy Sheppard were happy enough with the Class B bikes they had off me and I was happy with my original one.
Just need to get my Mate Adrian interested in racing one, I'm sure his ACU Licence musst have dropped back to a Novice one by now

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 05-Dec-2009, 13:35
MotoGP God

At last weekends tyre test the bike was certainly running ok on the reworked harness connected to the proper 620 clocks and ECU, well apart from the rear cambelt jumping a tooth. All seemed OK after resetting it, but a Valve clearance check and leakdown test will see if the valves are seating OK.

Just finished fitting the 2 into 1 conversion and just need to mark it up to have some spring mounting loops welded on to hold it all in place.

I'll post some better pics when its all finished
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Ex1.jpg Views:	330 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	11361  Click image for larger version Name:	Ex2.jpg Views:	302 Size:	92.6 KB ID:	11362  Click image for larger version Name:	Ex3.jpg Views:	314 Size:	51.4 KB ID:	11363  

Old 05-Dec-2009, 13:46
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Looks nice Kev, be interesting to see if there is any loss of mid or top end if you dynoed it with both systems on.

Bike is looking clean, seems a shame that you had to sling it into the scenery at Mallory just to get me to hose it down for you though.

Chris
Old 27-Dec-2009, 20:16
MotoGP God

With a week off I will have to see if I can get a bit more done, ideally I would like to carry out the leak down test to check the sealing of the valves in the rear head following the belt jumping in my lateset Mallory crash and if all is OK I would like to get it over to GP performance for a Dyno run.

If I can get that done I can see about fitting my latest aquistion picked up earlier today in the form of a 2004 engine of the 6-speed variety as used by Dave Ainscough aka MLC racing. Once the engines are swapped I will be looking at getting another Dyno run carried out to see if there is any obvious differnce in power. That will then be followed by the fitting of a PC3 USB and probably more Dyno time

Old 28-Dec-2009, 00:19
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Heh heh you just keep your elbows in I'm waiting for a JHP dyno but it is what it is I'm after good resulults,. I'm ****ed as well Happy new year to all /.
Old 28-Dec-2009, 01:32
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Heh heh you just keep your elbows in I'm waiting for a JHP dyno but it is what it is I'm after good resulults,. I'm ****ed as well Happy new year to all /.

Magners Moment Phil ?
Old 28-Dec-2009, 10:08
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Heh heh you just keep your elbows in

No Chance got to try and keep a few class B bikes behind me somehow

Old 26-Nov-2012, 23:01
MotoGP God

Miles check out the pics a few posts above
Andy (Banger San) just borrowed one off me and took it back to the guy who made it to have a similar one made for his Monster