Old 06-Oct-2005, 23:44
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by ericthered40
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Ahh ... gear linkage!

It was interesting listening to the BBC producer, she really didn't give a crap did she! Amazing.

what were they doing there then?

I heard it was a Watchdog crew - god knows what they were up to. They were filming the pit lane and some action from the entry into Druids, what were they up to?

Were they looking for some unscrupulous passing?
Old 06-Oct-2005, 23:45
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
L plate Stu here,

Guys,

it was only a small little comment with no bad feelings intended re:- (couldn't believe how fast some of the novice group were going),it was meant as a complement and to encourage the likes of me who personaly have never or hardly done this kind of thing before,but do you all remember your first time?? Lets face it,we all think that we're the best,fastest and if it wasn't for that ,i would have been faster.... but to go from being a fairly road aware rider to track day god takes a lot of untraining and reprograming.

And perhapes it also gave me a damd good excuse over my percieved poor,personal performance!!!

Hee hee

Well done to every one involved and a i think i'll keep the L plates on for the next one too if that O K.
Old 07-Oct-2005, 00:09
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
I had a great evening with his Lordship and Dibbs. Bit of a mixed day in all, got bloody cold in the lunch hour and I ate too much, so much that I felt bloated for the first session after lunch, so I sat it out. worst part of the day for me was to see TP looking very solumn, cheer up fella. Best part of the day, taking Tims proper DD race bike out, there would be more room on a three year olds push bike

[Edited on 6-10-2005 by Jon]
Old 07-Oct-2005, 00:16
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Best part of the day, taking Tims proper DD race bike out, there would be more room on a three year olds push bike

Now you know why I'm always moaning about my aching limbs!!!!

Anyway - wanna swap the 620 for your RR rocketship ???? I've been checking the adds for a sorted 600RR!!!

Bugga - there I go again - best stick to the Monnie then.

Tim
Old 07-Oct-2005, 00:26
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DT
Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu748R
I really couldn't belive how fast that some of the novice group were going!!!

You're right there Stu, there were a few quick lads in with the novices, but I think on the whole we marshalls did a pretty good job moving them up to the Inters. I had one lad who really should have been in the fast group he was so quick, but that said he was very considerate and respectful, so I left him in the Inters at his own wish.

Errm.. that might have been me. Never been on a trackday before, so Monty told me I'd be in the novices and they'd move me up if there was a problem. After the second novice session (no overtaking in the first) Yeti came staight over and moved me up to the intermediates. By lunchtime he suggested the fast group, but that just looked way too scary. Plus I didn't fancy being lapped by that bloke on the BMW

Sorry if I bothered anyone, but I really had no idea of what to expect and I guess neither did Monty.

For a first trackday I surprised myself with consistent 61 second laptimes by the end of the day.

I bought a couple of mates with me (Aprilia RSV and Triumph 595) who'd like me to pass on thanks to everyone who put this together or helped on the day. The event was well organised, the riding was considerate and most all, the other riders were friendly and, despite some expensive looking crash damage, very good humoured. Looks like the DSC is another reason to by a Ducati.

The best biking day of my life, I can't belive it's not illegal.

Brilliant.

The guy on the BM told me he was in the fast group because he didn’t like upsetting folks in the inters by overtaking them on his bimer.

Eighty thousand miles on that bike

Nothing left of his cylinder guards loading it on to the trailer Nice to chat to you mate

There was me thinking he was in the fast group coz he was going like stink.

I think I might have made his day. I had just gone past him before braking for Paddock H Bend, I could hear a right clatter and thought something was about to drop off the bike so I was a bit reluctant to peel into the turn at full speed. The beemer guy came past me at this point, I can imagine him thinking, To55er. Seeing nothing wrong I shot past him again before braking for Druids, again I could hear this clatter behind me and again he came past He must have thought, yes a proper t055er.

Old 07-Oct-2005, 00:29
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Best part of the day, taking Tims proper DD race bike out, there would be more room on a three year olds push bike

Anyway - wanna swap the 620 for your RR rocketship ???? I've been checking the adds for a sorted 600RR!!!

Tim

Tim I think you have a low bordom threasold You have something for 5 mins and then get tired of it
Old 07-Oct-2005, 00:32
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon

Tim

Tim I think you have a low bordom threasold You have something for 5 mins and then get tired of it

I don't reckon I'd get bored of your RR though - well sorted piece of kit. You're a lucky fella and no mistake.
Old 07-Oct-2005, 00:34
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DT
Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu748R
I really couldn't belive how fast that some of the novice group were going!!!

You're right there Stu, there were a few quick lads in with the novices, but I think on the whole we marshalls did a pretty good job moving them up to the Inters. I had one lad who really should have been in the fast group he was so quick, but that said he was very considerate and respectful, so I left him in the Inters at his own wish.

Errm.. that might have been me. Never been on a trackday before, so Monty told me I'd be in the novices and they'd move me up if there was a problem. After the second novice session (no overtaking in the first) Yeti came staight over and moved me up to the intermediates. By lunchtime he suggested the fast group, but that just looked way too scary. Plus I didn't fancy being lapped by that bloke on the BMW

Sorry if I bothered anyone, but I really had no idea of what to expect and I guess neither did Monty.

For a first trackday I surprised myself with consistent 61 second laptimes by the end of the day.

I bought a couple of mates with me (Aprilia RSV and Triumph 595) who'd like me to pass on thanks to everyone who put this together or helped on the day. The event was well organised, the riding was considerate and most all, the other riders were friendly and, despite some expensive looking crash damage, very good humoured. Looks like the DSC is another reason to by a Ducati.

The best biking day of my life, I can't belive it's not illegal.

Brilliant.

The guy on the BM told me he was in the fast group because he didn’t like upsetting folks in the inters by overtaking them on his bimer.

Eighty thousand miles on that bike

Nothing left of his cylinder guards loading it on to the trailer Nice to chat to you mate

There was me thinking he was in the fast group coz he was going like stink.

I think I might have made his day. I had just gone past him before braking for Paddock H Bend, I could hear a right clanter and thought some thing was about to drop off the bike so I was reluctant to peel into the turn at full speed. The beemer guy came past me then, I can imagine him thinking, To55er. Seeing nothing wrong I shot past him again braking for Druids, again I could hear this clatter behind me and again he came past He must have thought, yes a proper t055er.

That was the backfire, it was like a gun going off in your face
if you followed him in

Your RR is a Sweeeeeeeet bike by the way made my mouth water

[Edited on 6-10-2005 by ericthered40]
Old 07-Oct-2005, 01:36
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Hello

Thankyou to one and all TD5 was great fun.

roll on next year, Cheers Monty and crew.

regards

TopiToo
Old 07-Oct-2005, 02:36
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
good shot

I say that gravel’s deep over there. That man is standing next to his bike up to his knees.
Must be two-foot or more over there the bikes upright up to the tank in it. Marshals waving, he’s waving,
O well carries on with the rest of druids. Class