Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Oct-2005, 03:46
Mille

Mood: 1st,start to finish
Just to say a big thanks to everyone for making TA5 a great day.Organisers people in orange ,riders, spectators and the weather man.
My first DSC event and first trackday of the year! [doh]
180 mile ride down was intresting.Thanks to the guy on the Guzzi for showing me how to maintain a healthy average on the M25.I,m sure it was all legal.
Arrived just in time for first inters group so thanks for processing me so fast.
Big shout to the guys in pit 25 for making me so welcome,Scott[get well soon 748] Richard and 996 chap and friends,and yellow 748 chap next door.Supersports rule,get another!
Cracking track or what, no room for a breather and no long straights which is good on a SS.
Special thanks to the instructors:Chris for telling me i was leaving lines out of 2 corners[not sure about that one thought it was Kate Moss].And i thought it was a rollocking coming.Will work on the good advice.Also i think Yeti,fast next time if theres no straights.To the chap on the 999R at the end of the day
your comments made my day complete.The cheques in the post.
160 mile on the way home[didn,t get lost this time] and home for 8 oclock.

Best bike day ever. Thanks again

Andrew Red 900SS.
Old 07-Oct-2005, 12:04

Hi Griff 64, feeling much better today, the first day without a head-ache. The 748 is looking a little battered with the fairing and tank off but nothing that can't be sorted with E-BAY. Glad you managed to get home safely after all day on the track and hopefully see you again, fully repaired next time. Cheers Scott
Old 07-Oct-2005, 15:27
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:
Originally posted by ericthered40
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Ahh ... gear linkage!

It was interesting listening to the BBC producer, she really didn't give a crap did she! Amazing.

what were they doing there then?

I heard it was a Watchdog crew - god knows what they were up to. They were filming the pit lane and some action from the entry into Druids, what were they up to?

Were they looking for some unscrupulous passing?
It was the watchdog crew,they were doing a piece on spoilt rich barstewards skiveing off work!!!!
Butch
Old 07-Oct-2005, 16:49
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
The question of the BBC crew is now the subject of ongoing formal discussions between the Club and MSV.

Accordingly I would ask you to refrain from any further comments on the message board please
Old 07-Oct-2005, 20:06
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DT
Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu748R
I really couldn't belive how fast that some of the novice group were going!!!

You're right there Stu, there were a few quick lads in with the novices, but I think on the whole we marshalls did a pretty good job moving them up to the Inters. I had one lad who really should have been in the fast group he was so quick, but that said he was very considerate and respectful, so I left him in the Inters at his own wish.

Errm.. that might have been me. Never been on a trackday before, so Monty told me I'd be in the novices and they'd move me up if there was a problem. After the second novice session (no overtaking in the first) Yeti came staight over and moved me up to the intermediates. By lunchtime he suggested the fast group, but that just looked way too scary. Plus I didn't fancy being lapped by that bloke on the BMW

Sorry if I bothered anyone, but I really had no idea of what to expect and I guess neither did Monty.

For a first trackday I surprised myself with consistent 61 second laptimes by the end of the day.

I bought a couple of mates with me (Aprilia RSV and Triumph 595) who'd like me to pass on thanks to everyone who put this together or helped on the day. The event was well organised, the riding was considerate and most all, the other riders were friendly and, despite some expensive looking crash damage, very good humoured. Looks like the DSC is another reason to by a Ducati.

The best biking day of my life, I can't belive it's not illegal.

Brilliant.

The guy on the BM told me he was in the fast group because he didn’t like upsetting folks in the inters by overtaking them on his bimer.

Eighty thousand miles on that bike

Nothing left of his cylinder guards loading it on to the trailer Nice to chat to you mate

There was me thinking he was in the fast group coz he was going like stink.

I think I might have made his day. I had just gone past him before braking for Paddock H Bend, I could hear a right clanter and thought some thing was about to drop off the bike so I was reluctant to peel into the turn at full speed. The beemer guy came past me then, I can imagine him thinking, To55er. Seeing nothing wrong I shot past him again braking for Druids, again I could hear this clatter behind me and again he came past He must have thought, yes a proper t055er.

That was the backfire, it was like a gun going off in your face
if you followed him in

Your RR is a Sweeeeeeeet bike by the way made my mouth water

[Edited on 6-10-2005 by ericthered40]

Thanks Eric I thought your sps was sweet too, but it was definately a metalic scraping noise that I heard, I though my chain or something or other was hanging off
Old 07-Oct-2005, 20:42
Big Twin

I had a good day out although had to be careful on the throttle in the end cos the Michelin rear was triangular on the right hand side...

Seeing Nelly with such a grin, shaving off a second at every session was quite cool as well.

I think that the policing of the groups appeared well done. It is always tricky at trackdays. I have been at previous DSC TD where there was some slow guys in fast and this time the group was well balanced.

Believe me if you get scared by some guys overtaking you fast, it is a hell a lot more scary when you hammer it at the end of a straight just to realise that the guy in front brakes 50m earlier than you when you did not expect it! The reference should not necessarily be the slowest rider. Pushing too many novice into inters and inters into fast could actually create quite dangerous situations in other groups as well.

I have no idea about the lap times. If somebody checked me out or somebody I was scraping with had their lap taken I would be curious to know (Ducati 916 with Joe Bar stickers - slow in the straight, fast in Surtees). I think that I may have broken the 55sec barrier just about.

p
Old 07-Oct-2005, 21:42
Mille

Mood: don't do moody
Its all been said already, but this is principally for Ruth's benefit as I stand accused of never posting (hey, about 8 in 5yrs is pretty productive, isn't it?), really great day, & having ridden in Novices for all 7 sessions, thought it was generally very well policed & whilst the odd mistake was ocasionally made, with apologies invariably offered, feel there is little justification in anybody thinking otherwise....anyway, isn't overtaking allowed?....the few really fast guys soon got disappeared, the slower were given, from everything I saw, lots of TLC by instructors & other riders AND, to my amazement (having done about 5/6 days previously at Brands & always suffered from sometimes multiple red flag stoppages), NOBODY hit the dirt in Novices all day - speaks for itself...when does that ever happen??

...so well done & big thanks to Monty, Chris B, Lizzie, the Marshalls, the instructors & all others involved with running what was a really successful day (although maybe not financially for DSC?!).

Webby - as they say, catch you next time?
Old 07-Oct-2005, 21:59
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
Dave the chap on that rather quick Bennelli TNT has asked me to thank everyone at the D.S.C for TA5.I know that he has done a track day before,but felt a lot less intimidated than before as the company was frankly friendly.I have to say that his putt putt has awesome drive out of corners and the sound track is fantastic.
He has also asked me to say that he was quicker than me on the R1 and that this almost evens the score!!!!(i outdraged his tricked up R.S.V.R.mille down the strip on my 748R and outdraged his TNT on the R1)Does that hurt???
Yep.

But,i was the chap with the L plates.
Old 07-Oct-2005, 22:59
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Quote:
Originally posted by richard749s
Its all been said already, but this is principally for Ruth's benefit as I stand accused of never posting (hey, about 8 in 5yrs is pretty productive, isn't it?), really great day, & having ridden in Novices for all 7 sessions, thought it was generally very well policed & whilst the odd mistake was ocasionally made, with apologies invariably offered, feel there is little justification in anybody thinking otherwise....anyway, isn't overtaking allowed?....the few really fast guys soon got disappeared, the slower were given, from everything I saw, lots of TLC by instructors & other riders AND, to my amazement (having done about 5/6 days previously at Brands & always suffered from sometimes multiple red flag stoppages), NOBODY hit the dirt in Novices all day - speaks for itself...when does that ever happen??

...so well done & big thanks to Monty, Chris B, Lizzie, the Marshalls, the instructors & all others involved with running what was a really successful day (although maybe not financially for DSC?!).

Webby - as they say, catch you next time?

Well Helloooooo!

See, it's so easy and painless to post on the message board and as a member of some 5 years, present at the Fox's cafe meet last Sunday, your voice/input is worth presenting on this forum. At least, that's what I think.

Those of us that regularly post feel we get to know each other better through this medium. It's up to you of course and there are lots of great members out there who think the DSC message board is a bit of a waste of time. Horses for courses, I suppose.

[Edited on 7-10-2005 by Redruth]
Old 08-Oct-2005, 01:34
Ducati Corse

I agree with everyone who has commented that the novice group at TA5 was well run and I personally did not have a problem with the wide range of ability which was shown. The comments I reported were from two riders in that group who were attending their first trackday.

Both have now said they'll have another go and most probably at a DSC event. All's well that ends well.