Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Sep-2005, 00:26
Montjuic

Mood: bring on the sun !
whats wrong with the yellow ones?......
I know colour is a personal thing, and ducati`s are associated with being red.
I think the shape, like the 748 looks as good in yellow as it does in red.
or does it hurt the value/ ease of resale.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 00:30
Big Twin

there is nothing wrong with yellow - but if you spend a bit of time around here you will see an endless "debate" going on over red vs yellow. Traditionally, the 916/996/998 were red, and the 748 was yellow. The first 749 to come out was yellow, then they started supplying red ones.

Some bikes just "look right" in a particular colour - odd, but that's just the way it seems to be. Surprising the number of folk who agree too, on something that doesn't even make sense!

(of course - red ones are faster!)
Old 13-Sep-2005, 01:06
Montjuic

Mood: bring on the sun !
yours isn`t red by any chance is it HW ?.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 01:15
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Well mine is yellow-one of the very first batch to come in registered in May 2001.
I decided that if I was going to have what I regard as a fairly 'bland' bike-for a Ducati-it had to be 'in your face' yellow. I have done a few mods to mine, 14 tooth front sprocket, cams dialled in, P34 calipers, Ducati Performance filter, airbox lid, and cans, lower screen, oh and I have changed the lower fairing panesl to black which sets it of nicely I think. I have done over 25,000 miles on mine, been all over Europe, done the 'Ring, trackdays, Arctic Circle-love it.

John
Old 13-Sep-2005, 01:21
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by ratchet
yours isn`t red by any chance is it HW ?.

what do you think?
Old 13-Sep-2005, 01:30
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Well, my ST2 is a terrific all round bike. It tours, it scratches and holds it's own on ride outs and trackdays. If you could only have one Duke, and it had to do it all, the ST takes a lot of beating

I can only imagine that the extra 35-40 bhp that the ST4S has over the ST2 makes it even better
Old 13-Sep-2005, 01:33
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
Well, my ST2 is a terrific all round bike. It tours, it scratches and holds it's own on ride outs and trackdays. If you could only have one Duke, and it had to do it all, the ST takes a lot of beating

I can only imagine that the extra 35-40 bhp that the ST4S has over the ST2 makes it even better

The bhp, and the extra torque. It's an awesome motor. You can really ride it like a sports bike, then you can put panniers on it and take it aroudn France. I did it all on that bike.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 01:37
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Ratchet

I had an ST4 then an ST4s and covered a fair few miles, both superb bikes, miles better than any VFR (and i've had 3 of them) The ST's are great but very underated bikes, not popular with the press. Mine went round Europe, couple of track days, and general day to day use and loved both of them, don't think you would be disapointed.

I got the suspension set up, needs more ride height, 14 tooth gearbox sprocket, higher screen, Sargent seat and put open pipes on for big increase in midrange power/torque, plus a bit more on top end and that proper sound

Only problem that springs to mind was wrapped front discs in just under 20,000 miles on the 4s.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 01:44
Big Twin

Another warped disk story. Hear that quite often.

I remember what was said about the setup now ... the suspension was set up to be "safe". Meaning slow steering? Like a cruiser I guess. AS BDG says, if it's standard it'd benefit from some added ride height and a bit more compression damping on the front. There was a write up about it somewhere, if I find it I'll post it.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:23
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

If all the rumours about Ducati stopping production of the ST4S are true there will be some bargains coming up at the dealers.

Only mods I have done to mine is I have now fitted a top case and a screen of Rushjob.

Colour is a personal thing, I only wanted red, I have had some red sports cars as well, having said that I have noticed a few yellow ones catching my eye at dealers.

If money were no object I would get an ST4S, but thats just being greedy as the ST4 is only twelve months old.