Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Mar-2005, 22:08

Mood: Bemused!!!
916 Closing Rocker Clearences

Im a little bit bemused about the closing rocker clearences on my 916 . Im currently doing the 12000 mile service on my bike (i know....perhaps a bad move!! ) and have come across something which i feel to be a bit strange. The service limit for the closers is supposed to be 0.16mm - 0.25mm. Upon measurment, I found my clearences to be 0.05mm - 0.08mm on all but 2 of my closers, and even they were only 0.11mm at most! Basically, what i would like to know, is if it will damage my engine if these clearences are left as they are? All the opening clearences are within service limit. Also, just as a matter of interest, does anyone know what would have caused these closing clearences to become so tight, as the bike was serviced at a main dealer 6000 miles ago and all was well (2 closeing shims & 1 opening shim replaced as far as i can remember). I hope someone can help with my enquiry as i want to get the bike back together ASAP so as i can enjoy the good weather.....when it FINALLY arrives!!