Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 21-Jul-2011, 11:25
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Rules exclude anyone who joins in the last half of season from scoring points.
Old 21-Jul-2011, 13:39
Mille

Sounds like one of those rules that was a waste of energy writing!
Old 21-Jul-2011, 14:00
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955SP
Sounds like one of those rules that was a waste of energy writing!

not really, its about commitmnet at the beginning to ensure the grids are full enough. You just have to join, rather than have raced I think

imagine what would happen if a really quick rider, like head and shoulders above, on a great bike joined now and won every race from now until the end of the year. It would affect the title for those who are now competing and not really compatible with the whole DD thing imo. But they can still race and get the bug and also a trophy or two (???) just not the points
Old 21-Jul-2011, 14:09
Mille

If you're not quick enough to win... then you're not quick enough?? So you no longer deserve the points. Would be just strange coming in 2nd but getting points fir 1st?

Also as the year draws to a close it is quite obvious that if anything the numbers are falling so why discourage new comers?

If a newcomer is good enough to accrue enough points to actually do alright in the championship at this late date then I say good on 'em!
Old 21-Jul-2011, 16:56
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Quote:
If you're not quick enough to win... then you're not quick enough?? So you no longer deserve the points. Would be just strange coming in 2nd but getting points fir 1st?

Also as the year draws to a close it is quite obvious that if anything the numbers are falling so why discourage new comers?

If a newcomer is good enough to accrue enough points to actually do alright in the championship at this late date then I say good on 'em!

I dont think it discourages newcomers who are testing the water for maybe entering the series next year, but guys have been batteling against each other all season for points it would be unfair for them to loose points if a new comer won a few races, as it could loose them the championship, and anyway what good would points be to a new comer so late in the season with only 3 meetings to go.
Old 21-Jul-2011, 17:35
Mille

Ok ok.... I get where you are coming from but I dont think I am as worried about the possibility of losing future points.

As I said I wouldnt want points I didnt earn and it wouldnt make any different in terms of the championship if, for example I lost to the "new guy" but beat the others in the championship. After all everyone would be a bit further down the points.

Anyway... as and when the next new "Foggy" joins I will try and give him a run for his money. Be good to see another orange bib upfront!
Old 21-Jul-2011, 19:46
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
given the entry requirements, I'd think it more likely a 'foggy' would enter A class unless a one-off guest ride like a journo. Most series seem to do the same; BSB rider does a round, runs away with it, doesn't upset the norm

mind you, I for one would love to see a BSB-standard rider on a B class, get a true benchmark of what is actually possible
Old 21-Jul-2011, 20:10
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 848 Evo ‘Pikes Peak’, 748S, 200 Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
given the entry requirements, I'd think it more likely a 'foggy' would enter A class unless a one-off guest ride like a journo. Most series seem to do the same; BSB rider does a round, runs away with it, doesn't upset the norm

mind you, I for one would love to see a BSB-standard rider on a B class, get a true benchmark of what is actually possible

I don't need that to happen to know how slow I am thanks!!!
Old 21-Jul-2011, 21:32
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders

To be honest I think a top rate (ex) racer would fail in DD.
DD is so bare bones I think a pro would bin it due to lack of basic racing skills/support.
Ain't Carl Fogarty the honorary something or other of the DSC, lets get him on a bike at Oulton.
Old 21-Jul-2011, 21:42
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Ok ok.... I get where you are coming from but I dont think I am as worried about the possibility of losing future points.

As I said I wouldnt want points I didnt earn and it wouldnt make any different in terms of the championship if, for example I lost to the "new guy" but beat the others in the championship. After all everyone would be a bit further down the points.

Anyway... as and when the next new "Foggy" joins I will try and give him a run for his money. Be good to see another orange bib upfront!

Hugh, I do believe the rule was added to stop riders influencing the out come of a championship by getting some one to come in and spoil another (close competitor in the championship) riders chance of scoring points against them.
I forget the term used for such a rider but I am sure someone will put me right.

Chris