Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Jan-2004, 16:47
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
DSC Trackday Calendar - Now Online!

There is now a DSC Trackday Calendar available for those of you who want to book a trackday which other members of the DSC are going to.

Simply goto the DSC Trackday Calendar at:
http://www.ecom-secure.co.uk/dsc/calendar/

You can browse through the months or search for events (and people's names) using the Search box link at the bottom of each page.

To add a Trackday
1. Simply click the "Add an Event" link at the bottom of any page.

2. Select the date of the trackday, then type in the details. Don't forget to include where (eg Brands), how much (eg £125) and who it is organised by (eg 100% Bikes), and who is going. You can also include a link to a Message Board post or to the organiser website.

3. Click Submit.

That's it! An admin will then review your entry and make it show up on the calendar.

To add your name to an existing Trackday
Follow the instructions for adding a trackday, but state that you want to be added to the existing trackday on that date. Don't forget to set the correct date *and* add your name!

Tips:
I've added some common dates for the race season, such as MotoGP, SBK and BSB rounds. WDW2004 is also in there as well! To search for these, simply type "MotoGP" (without the quotes) into the search box and click the button. The same works for "SBK", "BSB" and "WDW".

You can also search for your friends names, eg "dibble" (again, without quotes) so see what trackdays they have signed up for.

If you have any comments or suggestions for it, please let me know!
Old 09-Jan-2004, 17:27
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
Very nice Antonye, I'll be adding the link to my sig.
Old 09-Jan-2004, 18:20

2004 PBR trackdays

Is it Ok to post Phil's Pembrey trackday dates ? Or do u want to keep it as Who's Doing'' What as apposed to ''Whats On..''

No problem either way - just thought I'd ask.

Brill idea

ta

Alan
Coordinator Phil Bevan Racing / Trackdays
Old 09-Jan-2004, 18:23
Dibble

Alan,

Nothing like having some choice when it comes to deciding what to do on a sunny Sunday ....

Dibble

PS Happy new year mate ...
Old 09-Jan-2004, 18:52

PBR

Likewise Dibble. I take it you are well.

Drop me your Mail address and I'll post u up Phil's CD Rom Portfilio. MS Powerpoint inc sounds ( Stereophonics, of course) and 2.5mins of video. It's well cool.

Sorting the RS out as soon as I get it back from the Autosport Show ( Sunday night ) and then the 2nd RS engine to get built. Doing MRO Powerbike so Brands / Croft (!!) have been added to the normal circuits. Might even get to some BSB PC if the Fairy Godmother finally appears ( she's delayed / on back order / lost in the post )

1/ 2 finished web site see www.philbevanracing.co.uk

Catch up with u soon - March ain't far away !

Alan

alan@redstar.co.uk
Old 09-Jan-2004, 18:57
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
I really think this should be a "who's doing what" with respect to trackdays and racing meets. There is already plenty of "what's on" guides out there such as www.uktrackdays.co.uk and many others. I believe the former purpose was what the original request had in mind. Others may disagree, but I'd like to see it being used as a calender to find out if such and such is going to a particular trackday or racing on a certain weekend. I know Antonye has added the MotoGP, WSB, etc dates to show how it works, but I don't think that where the value would be for such a calendar, as these dates are published at plenty of other places.

Comments?

As I said before: Great effort by Antonye!

[Edited on 9-1-2004 by Felix]
Old 09-Jan-2004, 19:01
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
agreed, its spot on as it is.

if particular trackdays are popular then they will get plenty of exposure by default.
Old 10-Jan-2004, 02:28
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
Agreed with Felix and Dickie. There's plenty of places to find out about trackdays. This should be kept as a DSC trackday/racers calendar so we know where we can bump in to each other.
Old 12-Jan-2004, 18:57

Cool - No problem.

Guys - point taken - I think it's great - bit of a meeting board on the web. Should soon fill up with all your regional meets / ride outs and drinkin sessions.

No excuse for not coming to see us tho'...

Alan
PBR / aka ''Billy No Mates Racing''

PS Now then - Skidlids - Where are u when I want u - wanna cheap trackday ??
Old 13-Jan-2004, 01:00
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Brilliant Antonye !!! Great design.....

I tried to do a similar thing last year using an MSN group calendar and failed totally....yours is much better.

Perhaps there could be different calendars for Trackdays/racing and clubs area meetings/trips etc? - If members want to know who's going where.

Just a thought!

Regards - Frank