Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Oct-2005, 12:47
Mille

Rad. Exp. Tank Filler Cap Removal?

Removing the filler cap for the rad. expansion tank - the manual says undo the petrol tank mount bolt, slide the tank back and undo the cap. I can undo it but I can't remove it without undoing the air-box and easing that up slightly.
This is the second 996 I've had with apparently the same problem. I've fitted a carbon air-box on this one and thought that had solved the problem, assuming the original plastic one to be slightly oversize.
When I came to replace the anti freeze at the week end I still couldn't get the cap off! - Or am I doing something completely wrong?
Old 12-Oct-2005, 13:31
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Some come off with the airbox in place, some don't. There is sometimes enough room to push the expansion tank forward a nad to get it out though.
You're not doing anything wrong, it's down to manufacturing tolerances (or lack of them)
It's just a ball ache to have to take the airbox off.
Old 12-Oct-2005, 15:24
Mille

Cheers Neil,
I'd wondered in the past why they hadn't topped it up to the level when it was being serviced - the comment being "it's hardly worth it" - now I know why!
Thanks again.