Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Apr-2005, 17:11
Mille

Mood: Meditating
We have been busy trying to encourage novice riders that want to try a trackday, lots of guys (and girls) are very nervous and need lots of attention and nurturing. We do our best to look after them and give them knowledge and information so they can have a safe and enjoyable day

We run classroom sessions throughout the day (5x10min sessions). These classroom sessions do not detract from your tracktime and are attendance optional is optional. We cover topics from a basic introduction to the circuit using photographs, track etiquette, riding within your limits, counter-steering, braking, turning-in and throttle control. The instructors then take riders out on the circuit to give 1:1 assistance on what has been covered.

The great thing is that in the last three trackdays only one novice slid off, all made huge improvements and gained confidence, most have booked again to come back for further development.

So successful has this proved to be, that we are extending it to cover riders in the intermediate group riders who want tuition at a higher level. Might be ideal for new club Desmo racers!

The best comment we received was from a guy who e-mailed us when he got home, “Most companies say they offer tuition and the instructors are racers on a freebee who have no interest in teaching novices. You actually spent the whole day teaching us, doing what others promise, both in the classroom and on circuit. I learnt more today than on all of my previous 5 days put together. Thanks”

Come and give us a try – in fact the first Novice to email me with their DSC membership number (no more than 1 previous trackday) can come free on 10th May at Cadwell to experience our tuition. gary@apextrackdays.co.uk.
Old 28-Apr-2005, 17:44

Thanks guys all very useful and encouraging stuff.
Old 28-Apr-2005, 18:36
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Well, my advice would be to go on a goodwood track day, as there are only 5 bikes on track at once, so there is almost no chance of someone else intimidatnig you, or of you 'getting in the way' of a more aggressive rider !
See my earlier post.
I can give you a contact number for my friend who acts as a circuit guide at goodwood if you want another opinion, but my wife found it much less intimidating than a 'grid-full' of bikes at brands.

Phil
Old 30-Apr-2005, 21:55
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by Ray
It's reasonably rare for nutters to be in the Novice group and most companies do what they can to put first timers at their ease. Quite often the first session has a quite a few laps behind an instructor or sometimes even the whole of the first session. The comapnies know you won't be back if some loon carves you to every corner bits.

Ray.

Not really true in my experience. The lastbank holiday No limits day at Cadwell for example had bikes with race numbers on in the novice group (it was a race weekend).