Mood: Alway happy
Yes, from about 11am
Old 01-Mar-2005, 23:38
Dibble

cool, will call u ....
Old 01-Mar-2005, 23:56
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
I think that I am just going to book myself a place and work out how to pay for it later
Old 01-Mar-2005, 23:58
Dibble

well i'm booking it and hoping i meet the targets required to have it paid for ...

rob, want a chat tomorrow ??
Old 02-Mar-2005, 00:00
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Sure, I will U2U my work number
Old 02-Mar-2005, 12:28
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Hmmmmm.....

Well my daughter is getting married in August, so money's too tight to mention (there's a song in there somewhere), but...I'm also 50 this year and Laguna Seca is on my lifetimes 'to do' list. Mrs Jools keeps asking me whether I want to go anywhere special for my birthday, and I don't think she means Spearmint Rhino...so I feel a plan of wheedling coming on.

Andy is right about flights though, at one stage a year or so ago I was flying to and from SF every 6 weeks. Now I only go every 6 months because our company has got stingy on travel. That means flying economy as well, and the most expensive flight I've had was about £350. The cheapest was £159 which is rdiculously cheap for a 12,000 mile round trip.

I've used all my air miles, previously earned in business class, on upgrades as well so I've had to actually take a few economy flights daaahhhhlings. I have to say that in the see-saw competition between BA and Virgin, BA are currently tops with me - they have just a bit more legroom which makes the difference between my little legs hitting the seat in front and, well, not hitting it.

The only thing that I've found is that flights around this time of year get absolutely rammed with people travelling for Christmas, so real cheap flights are less likely and you're always gonna be cramped on the flight.