Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Jan-2006, 22:27
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
Me and three mates have signed up for this.

The 79 dates we have got a list of are already set but there are also additional dates to be added when confirmed so think they are holding back until they are final.

Weekend limt is 50% of weekend/bank holiday dates so aint too bad as there are 30 of these so just doing half the weekend dates gets you 15 dates so any more are a bonus.

Only ones that are not included are overseas and evening TD's but they are discounted.

We all used Hottrax a few times last year and found them really good to deal with and the set up and organisation was good.

I would put them on a par with No Limits, who I hold in high esteem, for their organisation, attitude, friendliness, set up etc and the only thing that tipped this for us was the dates allow us to do a lot more weekends than we could by just paying out individually for each event, so even if I dont do any weekdays, which of course I am going to do too, I will be saving money in the long run.

My thoughts only and I am not in any way connected with Hottrax.
Old 05-Jan-2006, 23:48
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
I did a hottrax day last summer at Donnington on the full GP circuit and it was great. The good weather and group of friends made the day.

The organisation was OK with very little hassle. Happy to let me use a Simpson on the track.

Issues were kept to a minimum and very little track time was lost.
Old 06-Jan-2006, 00:27
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Yella
The 79 dates we have got a list of are already set but there are also additional dates to be added when confirmed so think they are holding back until they are final.

79 dates already sounds not so bad, do they use all tracks around the country equlayy or do they mainly use north/sout tracks?

i guess i just cant decide until i know what the dates/tracks are?
Old 06-Jan-2006, 00:43
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
what do people make of no limits, you all seem to be giving it good marks on here but ive got friends who wont ever use them and a friend at a cirucit that wouldnt let me book a day with them for my own safety ?? whats the true score with them ??
Old 06-Jan-2006, 01:07
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:
Originally posted by deej
what do people make of no limits, you all seem to be giving it good marks on here but ive got friends who wont ever use them and a friend at a cirucit that wouldnt let me book a day with them for my own safety ?? whats the true score with them ??

That's the first time i've ever heard them being doubted deej.
NL are top of the tree in my book, no probs or concerns at all with them.
Old 06-Jan-2006, 01:25
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
like i said thats the impression i got from here but my mate said it was risky as theyre all a bit over the top and i'd probably end up in hospital

each to their own i suppose, i'll try anybody once
Old 06-Jan-2006, 04:01
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
I normally use either hottrax or no limits...and there both very good...Steve plater used to show up for some hottrax dates as I think hes got some sort of tie in with them..he was really grateful when he saw me there so I could teach the old dog a few lines.....

Nat
Old 06-Jan-2006, 23:01
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
Quote:

I rate NL as one of the best TDO's I have used, shame they dont do the Riders club thing or I would have been comparing dates with Hottrax for a final decision.

Every one has a different outlook on TDO's but I have never seen NL have a bad day, on the contrary really.

Last one I did with them at Croft we were right royally bo!!ocked for all the offs that were happening on cold tyres.
5 red flags in three fast group sessions I think? WJB gathered all the group in the pits and told us all to cool down, it worked as we only had one more red all day and that was last lap last session of the day.

They also have their own rescue van which goes out to clear the track quickly so you dont lose time on track waiting for slow old bangers to come and collect the broken down or crashed bikes left after crashes/sessions.

They offer help and advice to all and have plenty of well versed instructors to help out on all their days, not just one or two like some other TDO's.

They also offer lots of advice to peeps on set up as I have experienced personally.

Try em, you wont be dissappointed

My opinions only obviously.
Old 09-Jan-2006, 22:49

Did about 15 days with them last year as a riders club member for my £1000. No real problems (not that can be blaimed on Hottrax anyway). Was tempted to join again this year but to be honest it was a struggle to find the time to do 15 days last year to make the £1500 upfront worthwhile you'd have to be looking at 20 days minimum. It does kinda tie you to them and you do find yourself missing attractive dates with other companies because your doing so many with Hottrax. They didn't do Rockingham or Pembrey last year but they seem to have dates at all the other major circuits.
Old 12-Jan-2006, 18:32
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
like i said thats the impression i got from here but my mate said it was risky as theyre all a bit over the top and i'd probably end up in hospital

each to their own i suppose, i'll try anybody once

B******X - (clue - rhymes with rollocks)