Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Jun-2004, 23:09
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I'm not sure that the reservoir should be mounted too solidly - ie bolted hard onto a yoke etc... there is a certain amount of flexibility in the mounting bracket and this is used to stop the fluid from being shaken too much????

I've been told this - not sure how much truth there is in it though!!

Tim
Old 12-Jun-2004, 00:00
Big Twin

I would have a rubber bung isolating the reservoir from the yoke - I really can't see another way of mounting it
Old 12-Jun-2004, 00:15
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
On my SPS, when I fitted the bremo race one, I used a strip of ally that was bent and fixed to the brake m/cyl mounting bolt.

Any news on the wheels?
Old 12-Jun-2004, 01:09
500SD

DJ email me a photo when done please

Mike
Old 12-Jun-2004, 11:43
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
DJ - A couple of points mate..

Firstly, I think youll be fine mounting the reservoir to the yoke. The 888 SPS's and Corsa/Racings came with both the reservoirs bolted directly to the yoke....with some rubber mountings to take up vibration I think youll be OK.

A good tip for mounting the reservoir is to use the reflector mount of a push bike. The holes lined up perfectly for my bike, and the ally is soft enought to be bent into position..and it looks 'right'...perfect !!!!! Even my mechanic was impressed !! Available from a mates garage or your nearest halfords I guess !!

Brembo do a custom fit one but the price is a p*** take !!!

See pic...hope that helps.

Nat:

[Edited on 12-6-2004 by Nattyboy]
Old 12-Jun-2004, 14:04
Big Twin

Cheers geeza! Just one question - doesn't the reservoir get in the way of the clocks? Would a smaller one affect braking?
Old 13-Jun-2004, 16:59
GTL

Hello,

I fitted a Discacciati master and calipers on my 748 a few weeks ago with Hel twin lines. I made a small alu. 1 inch bracket which attaches to one of the front bolts on the clip-on clamp and used a spacer and rubber washer to attach the reservoir and give it some cushioning. I bent the bracket to keep the reservoir as horizontal as poss. There were some variable pressure issues to start with that I think were to do with a warped disc but works great now, and the only clearance issue is the lines cutting into the foam around speedo/rev counter at full lock. I'll post a pic if I can find a battery for my camera.
BTW tried to fit a 749/999 radial master, and unless I'm missing something, it was never going to go on; the master came up against the clip-on clamp about an inch too far down the bar, pushing the throttle grip well over the end of the clip-on.
Old 15-Jun-2004, 18:02
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
DJ...ref; reservoir obscuring clocks, I moved down to a smaller screw top brembo reservoir, as opposed to the standard 888 one as it did obsure my view very slightly, but your std reservoir should be OK I think mate..

Nat
Old 15-Jun-2004, 19:18
Big Twin

My M/Cyl is now sat on my desk, it's everything DJ says about the build quality, stunning.

As soon as the lines and pads arrive the fitting begins...

I've plenty of ally strips to create a bracket or two with.
Old 15-Jun-2004, 22:10
500SD

My master cylinders arrived today WOW, as I have non standard handle bars (www.cyclecat.com) master cylinder position should not be an issue.

Frame sliders arrived today aswell

Mike