Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 21-Feb-2011, 15:26
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker V2
Hmmmm; who is doing the training on the sat? what is the format? Pupil to instructor ratio? These are a few of the things I would like to know prior to making a DeSCsion on booking......... and I was asked over the weekend if I wanted to attend. Not too sure yet.

cant see it being a CSS type thing, 240 spaces?! Love the comment that non Ducati riders will lutst to be there!! Brand man totally up his own arse!! Think they need to get a grip, recession, what recessions?!

truthfully I feel for the dealers on this; they will have to tow party line...good value...event to be at...etc etc and yet if I was one of them I'd be thinking where do my non-new ducati owners sit in all this?!

I look forward to seeing all the pics of the full grandstands....
Old 21-Feb-2011, 15:34
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Putting my membership secretary hat on....

Will we, as an affiliated club, be given the opportunity to have a club-display/stand, to recruit new members etc.?

If so, I assume we will be given a suitable number of tickets so we can man-it?

Martin
Old 21-Feb-2011, 15:36
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
cant see it being a CSS type thing, 240 spaces?! Love the comment that non Ducati riders will lutst to be there!! Brand man totally up his own arse!! Think they need to get a grip, recession, what recessions?!

truthfully I feel for the dealers on this; they will have to tow party line...good value...event to be at...etc etc and yet if I was one of them I'd be thinking where do my non-new ducati owners sit in all this?!

I look forward to seeing all the pics of the full grandstands....

According to DuN:

The weekend’s event will be laid out as follows for the Riders, and trade stands in the paddock and talks available to everyone with a ticket.

• Day 1 – Saturday 21 May

• This day has been split into 2 styles your customer can choose either:

• TRAINING

Or

• TRACK DAY

• TRAINING will be offered under the tutelage of The California Superbike School. The day will begin on the National circuit and will then switch to the new International circuit after lunch to continue.

• The Training day consists of 3 classroom sessions and 5 track sessions assisted on track by CSS Coaches. The focus of this training format is to work on areas such as Entry Speed, Throttle Control and Steering Input making a smoother rider and to ensure your customer gets the most from their Ducati

• Limited to 90 spaces (3 groups of 30)

• TRACKDAY will begin on the ‘International’ circuit running out of the all new Silverstone ‘Wing’ pits. Please note: Registration and welcome will still take place at the National Pit Garages

• They will be split into one of 3 groups dependant on ability and preference at time of booking: Novice, Intermediate and Expert (subject to availability)

• If they wish is to dial themselves in ready for the GP circuit on Sunday then we can help then do this. We have on-track instructors who can help for a session and we will also be changing over after lunch to the National circuit.

• Limited to 150 riders (3 groups of 50)

• We are running 2 tracks, on the Saturday, the National and the new International track (previously called Southern) so we can swap over at lunch time allowing all Riders to learn the full Moto GP circuit (minus 2 corners) in smaller manageable chunks.

We may not be able to satisfy all requests for Training as limited in numbers to keep Coach to Pupil ratio favourable

• Day 2 – Sunday 22 May will be all 240 riders (3 groups of 80) on the full Moto GP circuit. Run from the National Pit Garages

• They will be split into one of 3 groups dependant on ability and preference at time of booking: Novice, Intermediate and Expert (subject to availability)

• We have on-track instructors from California Superbike School who can help your customer for a session and we will also be offering expert advice from instructors in the pits so they can come and have a chat at any time!

Parade Lap 1-2pm (time subject to change) 2 or 3 laps of full circuit with controlled speed and safety cars. We are aiming to break a World Record for the most Ducati on track at one time.... this will be a sight to be seen (and heard!) . All those with a Rider ticket will also have to note if they want to take part in Parade Lap on the Booking Form as we need to run additional Health and Safety checks for this event
Old 21-Feb-2011, 15:38
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
OMG, Thats my name off the list at my dealers, Ducati have had enough of my hard earned cash over the years, this is just an insult in my mind, £300 i would have thought about it but not at this price, i have done Silverstone full circuit last year, for half the price, and even £100 to parade round behind safety cars is a joke, i can think of better things to spend £500 quid on, Sorry Ducati but i think your bean counters need to re think your pricing.
Old 21-Feb-2011, 15:41
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS
Putting my membership secretary hat on....

Will we, as an affiliated club, be given the opportunity to have a club-display/stand, to recruit new members etc.?

If so, I assume we will be given a suitable number of tickets so we can man-it?

Martin

Totaly agree, will be happy to have my bayliss on the stand for the day but not if i have to pay for the privalige
Old 21-Feb-2011, 15:48
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I have more info from DUK but just posted up the relevant info regarding price - I think Ozz's post is the more detailed doc that went with it; it was a dealer release that we (DSC) get copied in on.

As for training, it is a CSS day and this will be tailored per rider. So as Ozz says this is a good value weekend if you look at it from that perspective, but not if you think this is a trackday ... which it isn't...

As far as I understand things: Yes the DSC will have a stand. Yes we will get an allocation of tickets to man that stand. Yes there will be guest tickets for those that supply bikes for the Historial display.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 21-Feb-2011, 15:52
Mille

Why should the price be the same whether you are doing a training day on Saturday or just the Trackday or have I missed something?

I've just booked 2 trackdays with BMW at Knockhill for 130 per day & that includes a demo ride on an s1000rr, tuition if required, bsb girls to drool over etc. I know a BMW is not the same as a duke but it's still a premier brand.
Old 21-Feb-2011, 16:00
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
I have more info from DUK but just posted up the relevant info regarding price - I think Ozz's post is the more detailed doc that went with it; it was a dealer release that we (DSC) get copied in on.

As for training, it is a CSS day and this will be tailored per rider. So as Ozz says this is a good value weekend if you look at it from that perspective, but not if you think this is a trackday ... which it isn't...

As far as I understand things: Yes the DSC will have a stand. Yes we will get an allocation of tickets to man that stand. Yes there will be guest tickets for those that supply bikes for the Historial display.

ar see, positive spin...sure every dealer will have similar view (probably on the comms which waqs sent out) and if presented that way, and you're in the market for a CSS day, maybe....maybe that is if you have a Ducati and you dont want your wife/mate/old fella to come along

do CSS normally have 30 out on track each session? If they do, its not excatly close-coaching as that means if there are 10 they all have 9 pupils to monitor, teach, feedback

cynic hat on - I wonder who the tickets with DSC names on them will go to
Old 21-Feb-2011, 16:12
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
cynic hat on - I wonder who the tickets with DSC names on them will go to

I think Ant answerd that question Paul "Yes we will get an allocation of tickets to man that stand. Yes there will be guest tickets for those that supply bikes for the Historial display."

I am assumimg once he knows how many tickets are allocated and who will be dispaying a bike, and who will be manning the stand then we will know, best bet is to wait and see, or offer your stand manning services ahead of time
Old 21-Feb-2011, 16:45
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
I think Ant answerd that question Paul "Yes we will get an allocation of tickets to man that stand. Yes there will be guest tickets for those that supply bikes for the Historial display."

I am assumimg once he knows how many tickets are allocated and who will be dispaying a bike, and who will be manning the stand then we will know, best bet is to wait and see, or offer your stand manning services ahead of time

yep got that Paul. I'm sure that all they will go to..