Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Feb-2005, 16:40
500SD

Mood: head down
the expencive part for the service is when the heads have to come off as the head gaskets cost about 160 euros or so each as they are different to the 999s's.
I'm also looking int getting the 05 nose but you also need the screen and the carbon mirror brackets
Old 23-Feb-2005, 23:24
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by COL595
DucSoon - you know I've just made this very decision. I went for the 'R'.

The only thing the 2005 'S' had going for it was the revised fairing - it is wider and higher, meaning it's easier to get behind.

I'm getting the brand new 2004 spec 'R' for only a little more than the price of a 2005 'S'. It's already taken a 25% depreciation hit, carbon everywhere, short-stroke motor, two exhausts, plus chip, cover, paddock stand, limited availability, that tiny little 'R' on the side, and paint that looks deeper and more lustrous (even though it's actually as thin as a coating of baby oil) - although I won't be able to exploit any marginal performance difference, it still had to be the better bet.

I went into the servicing costs quite thoroughly and they are very similar for both bikes. Although you might choose to specify belts every 12 months, I'm told Ducati themselves specify 24 months, even for the 'R'.

If you shop around, insurance costs can be quite similar too.

You're worse than me for prevarication - what would you call yourself if you bought one - DucGotIt?

, but i got it all figured.... it will be DucNow
Old 24-Feb-2005, 00:44
888 at Last !!!

UPDATE!!!!!

I've found a cheaper 05 999S, so now the 04 R is around £ 2.000 more expensive.
Hmmm........................

Old 24-Feb-2005, 02:24
Mille

Mood: 1098s...oh yes
Stop being a tart and buy the 'R' it has presents!!!! get it ??
Old 24-Feb-2005, 11:20
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1
Stop being a tart and buy the 'R' it has presents!!!! get it ??

Old 24-Feb-2005, 15:15
Montjuic

Mood: Lascivious
Two things:

You'll find buying one a lot easier if you disengage your brain. If you try to employ normal purchasing principles, you'll probably find yourself at the doors of the Japanese Motorcycle Emporium.

When I was intent on getting the 'S', Ducati UK told me that they were expecting to see them in the country some time after the end of April 2005. I couldn't wait that long - my 'R' will be run in (and probably rusted away) by then!

I think you ought to phase in your name change:
DucSoon;
DucI'mComin';
DucThereInAMinute;
DucJustHandingOverTheCash;
DucOHMYGOD!!!!;
DucI'mHavingACigarette;
DucNow!

Then obviously on to:
DucICan'tAffordTheServicing;
DucThey'veRepossessedMyHouse;
DucI'mLivingInTheGutter;
DucI'mGonnaEndItAll.

Get the 'R'.
Old 24-Feb-2005, 15:18
Montjuic

I meant three things........
Old 24-Feb-2005, 16:18
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Two things:

You'll find buying one a lot easier if you disengage your brain. If you try to employ normal purchasing principles, you'll probably find yourself at the doors of the Japanese Motorcycle Emporium.

When I was intent on getting the 'S', Ducati UK told me that they were expecting to see them in the country some time after the end of April 2005. I couldn't wait that long - my 'R' will be run in (and probably rusted away) by then!

I think you ought to phase in your name change:
DucSoon;
DucI'mComin';
DucThereInAMinute;
DucJustHandingOverTheCash;
DucOHMYGOD!!!!;
DucI'mHavingACigarette;
DucNow!

Then obviously on to:
DucICan'tAffordTheServicing;
DucThey'veRepossessedMyHouse;
DucI'mLivingInTheGutter;
DucI'mGonnaEndItAll.

Get the 'R'.

So in which phase are you now?
Old 24-Feb-2005, 17:03
Montjuic

Hopefully, I'm just at the end of DucThereInAMinute.

My friendly insurance company have been messing me around for the last week, which has caused a slight delay. They've gone back on the quote they gave me four weeks ago (increasing it by almost 400%!), and they've been trying to impose all sorts of conditions - the latest one apparently being that I must have an 18-foot deep moat dug around my house, filled with Basildon virgins' blood (if you know Basildon, you'll know how unreasonable they're being!). However, just this lunchtime, I've fallen in love with Carol Nash - so NU will soon be history.

I should take delivery second week in March, I reckon, and I can't wait - snow or no snow.

Are you after Dave's Fila?
Old 24-Feb-2005, 17:08
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Hopefully, I'm just at the end of DucThereInAMinute.

My friendly insurance company have been messing me around for the last week, which has caused a slight delay. They've gone back on the quote they gave me four weeks ago (increasing it by almost 400%!), and they've been trying to impose all sorts of conditions - the latest one apparently being that I must have an 18-foot deep moat dug around my house, filled with Basildon virgins' blood (if you know Basildon, you'll know how unreasonable they're being!). However, just this lunchtime, I've fallen in love with Carol Nash - so NU will soon be history.

I should take delivery second week in March, I reckon, and I can't wait - snow or no snow.

Are you after Dave's Fila?

Hmm.... you still have some to make some steps until you reach DucNow phase, then

Errr..... that's a possibility.... Why?