Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 10-Jul-2012, 09:14
Bikes: Ducati 916

Mood: always good.
Morning from Cambridge.

Just saying hi from Cambridge.
After a few years without a bike i got myself a nice 916 last weekend. It is the bike i always wanted,when they came out i could not afford one and i had a 900ss which was a great all rounder.
I have been on and off whistle bikes for 25 years now starting with a Puch 50cc then on to Honda and i even managed a Rd350Lc ( wish i had kept it )

Then it was off to college so no money etc and no bike for a few years.

1995 saw me out on a 600ss then 1997 i was out and about on a 900ss clap which was superb, i had fun for a year on a Px200e Vespa but then got my leg over a Yamaha Yzf750 and this was superb back in the day. So from 2002 i was bike less until last weekend due to the normal getting married, Children, work , house thing but then a friend got a new Bike the other week and i reaolised just how much and also what i was lacking. So after a few weeks of looking i now have a 916 in the garage. Yesterday i even managerd to get it out for a hour or so after it decided to stop raining .
Great fun.
Dave

Old 10-Jul-2012, 10:14
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Thumbs up

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum!

There are quite a few of us just down the road in Essex (mainly around Chelmsford) so not a million miles away. Keep your eye on the forum for meets in your area and hopefully we'll see you soon.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!