Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 28-Sep-2009, 20:00
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Gbyte666 Pembrey Race Report

Gbyte666 Pembrey Race Report

Into the land of the Dragon, sheep, 2009 Desmo Due class A Champion and girls knickers
Nick and I arrived on Sat early afternoon and parked up by the Kev’s just in time to watch DD race 1. First order of the day was to hoist the St Georges Cross and then over to scrutinising

Whilst unloading the bike Chaz found a bag of girls knickers I had put in the back that I’d forgotten about. I was supposed to give them to my wife for her nursery. I think they made it around most of the paddock by the end of the day. Each time someone discovered them hidden in their van, leathers, helmets etc they were passed on.

I had entered the All comers just to get dialled in before the DD timed practice. On the Pembrey track day a couple of weeks before I had managed a few high 1:14’s as they had left the beacon on and to be honest I was well pleased with that. So my aim for that day was more constant 1:14’s
I qualified for the all comers with a low 1:14, so fairly pleased with that and time well spent for warming up for the DD timed practice.
DD timed practice gave me a 1:12 which I was over the moon with but everyone had upped the stakes and put some cracking times in. It was all very close with only 4 sec’s between the pole position and last person.
Race one

Race one start was all a little weird with a flag start which I’m sure most of the grid had never done. I have no idea why they did not use the lights, just an excuse to get the Welsh flag out maybe? I had to sort of lean over to the left to see round Steve Hands to see the flag. Great start as always but it was really hard to push through the pack being so close to the wall and everyone bunching in towards me but I made a couple of places and the hairpin I had been worrying about saw us all safely through. Head down and time to race with Nog bombing into the left hander and doing his usual demon breaking into the corners and Senna blocking any passes. I tried a couple of times to outbreak Nog into the hairpin leaving it later each time but he still got in there first. My back end was starting to step out on the power out of Spitfires and Brookland Hairpin. I finally got past Nog using the 620 power I had over him on the back straight and made it stick by the time I got the hairpin again, though I could hear him on my tail. I then had a chance to have a go at Senna which I knew would be difficult as he has some great lines but again I used the 620 power down the straight to inch past him. Kev was right on my tail on the last lap and coming into Brooklands he had lined me up to take the place back when the yellow flags came out for Dean who had high sided it coming out of Brooklands. Great stuff as no overtaking on the yellow allowed me power down the back straight and across the line. Great fun race.
Well done Tim and Harriet for the Win
Back in the paddock and Andy Sheppard came back to his van revving the nuts off his bike sporting his 2009 Desmo Due Class A T-Shirt over his leathers, all in Gold letters. Nice one Andy

Race Two

I had perfected the art of leaning over to see the flag but again very hard to push through the tightly packed grid all coming over my way. I could see Nog charging down the left hand side and barging his way into the corner but I just got mugged trying to get in there. It took me ages trying to get past #81 James Thompson and #96 David Jenkins and by the time I did Nog had got away. Sort of a surprise to arrive at the hairpin to see Andy Sheppard on the deck, I say sort of as I thought he would just be out having fun but obviously the racer in him made him go hell for leather to try and beat Tim.
Anyway across the line points in the bag and had a bloody great time with it.
Well done to Tim and Sam for the Win.
Back in the paddock it was great to all gather together in one place again for the trophies and raffle which Trudi dose a fantastic job organising. I was going to insert two photos here where I noticed Trudi was well puckered up each time Tim was called to come up and collect his first place trophies well before he got anywhere near. But then I remembered the Photo Fatwah Tim has on me and that Trudi had muttered something about my nuts if I took her photo. (Captures their sprits or something) But I laugh in the face of your photo Fatwah trophy boy

It was a somewhat entertaining journey back for Nick and I as we followed Matt’s camper home avoiding all of the knickers flying off his roof. There was a trail of them all the way to the M4.
Can not wait until Cadwell where we will see another champion crowned.
Well done To Tim, Sam and Harriet for the wins, Tom and Matt for wining the Novice championship and a big it up for the 2009 class A Champion Andy Sheppard.

Craig

Last edited by Gbyte666 : 29-Sep-2009 at 03:20.
Old 28-Sep-2009, 20:21
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Great report & photos as usual Craig, not convinced with your explanation to the origin of the knickers though
Old 28-Sep-2009, 21:56
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Great report Craig, well done.............................expect to see you performing on Crime Watch next week, apparently they have been looking for a knicker thief lurking within the M4 corridor

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 28-Sep-2009, 22:06
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Nice one Craig

Well done to the new class A champ and to all race winners.
Old 28-Sep-2009, 22:39
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I'm surprised Chas was able to seperate them...!

well done mate! Good effort
Old 28-Sep-2009, 22:43
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
I'm surprised Chas was able to seperate them...!

well done mate! Good effort

??????????
Old 28-Sep-2009, 22:45
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz
??????????

more crusty than a month old loaf! Hope you had some jabs after, never be too careful
Old 28-Sep-2009, 23:28
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
He He...always look forward to your reports Craig.

"SILENCE....I KEEEEL YOU!"

Sorry about that, I'll call off the "Fatwah". Farquar is a popular public schoolboys surname you muppet...probably.

It's not like you were gonna win any prizes from MI5 for that photo though, I virtually posed for it as you were scrabbling around like a box brownie weilding Dashund!

Not a good angle for chins either...I really must school you in studio techniques
Old 28-Sep-2009, 23:38
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Nice writeup Craig & top pics.

Sounds like you had a good days racing, moving through the field with some godd overtakes.

Andy
Old 28-Sep-2009, 23:54
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
Sorry about that, I'll call off the "Fatwah". Farquar is a popular public schoolboys surname you muppet...probably.

PML.. ahhh poop. I really do feel a mupet now. I asked Manda how do you spell Farquar as I obviously could'nt even pronounce Fatwah right.

Cadwell report, must try harder

Craig