Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 26-May-2009, 17:09
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999 / Kawasaki Z1000

First experience of Snetterton

Ill keep it short, got down saturday night and set up so could watch the racing Sunday. Watched some then had to hide from the sun. Monday came and full of expectation i headed out for qualifying, struggled to keep any pace never riding the track before and then the bike decided it had done enough and stopped on the start finish straight. Went out in the allcomers for some more practice and would you believe it the bike concked out on the 5 lap on the start finish! We think it was a faulty return valve.

Onto the DD races, starting from 25th i think when the lights went out i was in reverse. Managed to battle past team mate Shane and then tried to catch 96. While doing so thinking its all going swimmingly BANG! right hand fairing has come off and is twisting all the fairing was rubbuing on the front wheel. After shitting myself at the bottom of the straight thinking i was going to die i pulled in and got my first race DNF

The second race my aim was to see a chequred flag! something i had seen all day! had another **** start then battled at the back of the grid. moved a couple of places then gradually got closer to 61 thinking the last lap and ill do it then valentino shepard flew past me (is his bike a 1098 in disguise!) and my heart sunk, not only was it the first time id been lapped but i didnt have the extra lap to get past 61!

Packed up and got on the 4 hour journey home and when i thought the weekend couldnt get any worse my brother rings me to tell me some ****s stolen my fireblade! To be perfectly honest snetterton is a meeting id just like to forget!

I like mallory though so fingers crossed for a better weekend!
Old 26-May-2009, 19:16
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Bad luck dean, everyone has a duff weekend now and then, just spend some time making sure the bike won't fail you again and show us what you can do at Mallory.

Hope you get your 'blade back.
Old 26-May-2009, 19:18
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Sorry to read about the theft Dean, Just looked at the result sheet you would have caught me with another lap. My bike was off song and vibes throught the footrests that I havn't had before. So a strip before Mallory is on the cards.
Old 26-May-2009, 19:54
Mille

I wa pushing so hard to get past you but couldnt close the gap took 4 laps i think. On the 9th lap i was thinking i had the 10th to pull out all the stops and go for a pass but then saw the chequered flag as we crossed the line. Its sucks being lapped. Not quite as much as having your pride and joy stolen but **** happens!
Old 26-May-2009, 20:00
DesmoDue Riders Rep
Bevel Head

Mood: happy
Sorry to hear your bad news Dean it was good seeing you out there battling i know you were having problems with the bike when i came and saw you with the stickers Hope you get your pride and joy back , see you at Mallory
Trudi x
Old 26-May-2009, 22:52
Mille
Bikes: Multistraddle S, Cucciolo

Mood: Blown away!
Sorry to hear about the Blade Dean - have you posted details so everyone can keep an eye out?

Hope you get your mojo back for Mallory!
Old 26-May-2009, 22:55
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Got the engine out of mine initial consencus is failed main brg/sss

Crank feels like a threepenny bit to turn, robbing power and horrible vibes. Roll on Mallory
Old 26-May-2009, 23:04
Mille

My blade was YY04 XMB it was a 1000rr4 red and black. 2 chavs on a scrambler have taken it (2:37 on sunday night, monday morning), somehow managed to break the mirror off so must have dropped it and left bits of plastic down my street. Its got the HISS on it and the garage says they wont have been able to run it. Checked all the hedges in a 5 mile radius but no sign of her anywhere. I hope she very seriously injures them as she goes out in a blaze of glory! it'll save me seriously injuring anyone!
Old 26-May-2009, 23:37
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Dean,

That is some serious bullcheese dude.

Makes the fact I thought I'd had a bad weekend feel somewhat selfish and unrealistic.

Hope all is sorted and the chavs die from something horrible and unpronouncable that originated in Bolivia.