Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Nov-2005, 14:56
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Nobody said he was a God of any kind, he was just the best of the people he was riding against...can't be any more or less than that. The usual British attitude of trying to shoot down successful people seems to be in full swing here though!
Old 12-Nov-2005, 14:57
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally posted by domski
Who did he beat?

Ummm.... you and a whole host of others. Repeatedly and convincingly.

I'm surprised you had to ask that question really - it wasn't a trick question, was it Dom?
Old 12-Nov-2005, 15:00
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by couchcommando
Quote:
Quote:
Wow Dom, what a sore loser.....

I'm not a loser, let alone a sore loser.

I just can't stand all this sycophantic ********!!

Get over yourselves, stop kissing Geoff's arse, trying to wind each other up (that goes for everyone) and if you can't say anything positive or constructive (without kissing ass or taking the pee) then keep it to yourselves!!

Hate to be pedantic and a stickler for details but you didn't win

So everyone in Desmo Due are losers?
Old 12-Nov-2005, 15:04
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by twpd
Quote:
Who did he beat?

Ummm.... you and a whole host of others. Repeatedly and convincingly.

I'm surprised you had to ask that question really - it wasn't a trick question, was it Dom?

I know WHO he beat, but WHO did he beat?

Jeez, not a hard one was it?

It was hardly a grid of hardened racers - about 5 people had previously raced, some not for years, and some only once or twice - the other 25 were novices.

That's WHO he beat.

AND... I'm not taking it away from Geoff, you can only beat the people put in front of you.

Fair play to Geoff, he won - but I'm not gunna crawl up his arse.
Old 12-Nov-2005, 15:04
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow Dom, what a sore loser.....

I'm not a loser, let alone a sore loser.

I just can't stand all this sycophantic ********!!

Get over yourselves, stop kissing Geoff's arse, trying to wind each other up (that goes for everyone) and if you can't say anything positive or constructive (without kissing ass or taking the pee) then keep it to yourselves!!

Hate to be pedantic and a stickler for details but you didn't win

So everyone in Desmo Due are losers?

Read into it what you will, if I don't win a race I am a loser in that race.

Want to borrow my Dictionary, I've just bought it and it's the fastest bestest spelling championship winning dictionary in the land ?
Old 12-Nov-2005, 15:12
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
I know WHO he beat, but WHO did he beat?

Jeez, not a hard one was it?

It was hardly a grid of hardened racers - about 5 people had previously raced, some not for years, and some only once or twice - the other 25 were novices.

That's WHO he beat.

AND... I'm not taking it away from Geoff, you can only beat the people put in front of you.

Fair play to Geoff, he won - but I'm not gunna crawl up his arse.

It doesn't matter who he beat - I know exactly what you said and meant. Whatever, to win any race is an achievement irrespective of whether or not the field was full of hardened racers. The truth is he kicked your arse repeatedly and you are supposed to be an accomplished racer with podium results. That you also got beaten by novices fairly often doesn't make you look that good, does it?

I don't see anybody crawling up Geoff's arse here but, I do sense you being so far up your own that you can neither see daylight or smell coffee.
Old 12-Nov-2005, 15:25
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by twpd
...to win any race is an achievement irrespective of whether or not the field was full of hardened racers.

I agree entirely.

Quote:
The truth is he kicked your arse repeatedly and you are supposed to be an accomplished racer with podium results.

That's right, 6 years ago. I raced for 2 years and did 20 races (that's 40 less than Couch commando did this year).

Since then I have owned a road bike (zx7) for 2 months, done 2 trackdays and 3 races in 2001, and 2 races in 2003.

That's how accomplished I am.

Geoff seems like a legend now doesn't he.

Quote:
That you also got beaten by novices fairly often doesn't make you look that good, does it?

Except when I rode without a broken arm, not in the rain or at Cadwell - So just at Brands then really where I was only beaten by 620's with 10bhp more.

Quote:
I don't see anybody crawling up Geoff's arse here but, I do sense you being so far up your own that you can neither see daylight or smell coffee.

You obviously don't follow the series close enough.

Luckily I'm so far up my own arse that I can still see the computer screen and reply to your post.
Old 12-Nov-2005, 18:34
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I could add my 2 cents worth on the above debate about riders performances but I will refrain from doing so.
As I would rather answer Andy's question

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy#99
Skids and AK....I can't get my head round all this "mid-range" power stuff....I can't remember a single corner of a single race at a single circuit where my rev.counter went below 7000 rpm!!!!!! On the road, on an A-B "squirt" I can understand the advantage of lots of squidgy torque, but I don't see that happening in anger on the track!

So...peak power for me every time please!

Andy #99

When I rode Senna3's 675 at Llandow after just hoping off my 583 the first thing I noticed was how much stronger it pulled out of corners, below 7K you may as well knock mine down another gear as its loosing out as power has dropped to about 44bhp, where as the 675 has only dropped to 47bhp, the 675 can allow the revs to drop to 6.5k before its power drops to 44bhp although this is a bit pointless the best thing is for the 675 to run slightly higher gearing than the 583 and use exactly the same rev range and use the few extra bhp to pull the taller gearing which equates to it going faster.
I'm fairly certain my lap times around places like Castle Combe and Cadwell full circuit would be roughly a second a lap quicker if I was on a 675.