Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 27-Apr-2011, 15:12
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Nice to see the update Matt, you sound like your doing things your way hope it all heals up fine and we see you at Anglesey

Paul
Old 27-Apr-2011, 16:12
500SD

Glad you are as well as can be expected. Next time leave the horse box behind its just going to confuse the bike

Hope you get out at Anglesey

Mark.
Old 27-Apr-2011, 16:33
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
Nice to see the update Matt, you sound like your doing things your way hope it all heals up fine and we see you at Anglesey

Paul

Echo that. GWS Matt

Craig
Old 05-May-2011, 22:41
Mille
Bikes: DD 620, 998 Matrix, 500 Pantah, Honda 350 K4, Drixton 500 Honda, Triumph 1050.

Mood: Depends on how many crashes I have!!!!!
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
yes, not too bad actually, I don't know what all the fuss is about, I was back to work at 6am Sunday morning, Although I can't carry the papers in yet, I've had to get the kids up early to carry stuff for me, they've been a great help.

I went to the hospital this morning to the fracture clinic and they tell me that It will take 6 to 8 weeks before I can take my sling off? and I shouldn't go back to work yet and should pretty much stay in bed? I said I have to go to work to pay the mortgage. *****!

I have an appointment for 6 weeks time for another x-ray, by which time they should be able to see early signs of healing ( I didn't tell him I'd have another race before then).

All in all I thinks they are a bit pessimistic and I have chosen to ignor all their advice, I might go back for another x ray, but why, in 6 week time if it isn't quite right it will be too late to do anything about it anyway surely?

The bike don't look toooooo bad, but I can't use a spanner yet so it'll have to wait a bit longer.

on reflection the most disappointing thing is loosing the points for a good finnish at Mallory. - oh ********!

Matt

Matt,

Good to see you in good spirit and on the way to recovery, I thought it was very kind of you and Neil to bin it and let me win a race,very generous of you both I thought
I only caught a glimpse of you disappearing out of site to my left as we went into Gerrards, didn't even know Neil had went down also till we got back to the line.
For the 2nd start I did what felt like a massive wheelie off the line, still had the wheel in the air when I changed to 2nd gear, but after gathering myself I got to the front and stayed there which was good. (Hoped for some pictures of the stunt show on the line, but not seen any yet!!!)

I have broken my collar bone twice and dislocated 3 times, and only once was it really painfull and stopped me using it, so to me it seems a strange injury to know how long it takes to heal. But fronmt eh X-ray yours looks worse than any I have had as they have been single breaks.

Hope you get well soon and we see you out at Anglesey, if not you should hopefully make Snetterton, but I won't be there as I am working.

Steve
Old 07-May-2011, 08:59
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Thanks, Steve, no problem, I hope the trophey has a good spot on the sideboard

As people keep telling me, "you have to finnish a race to win it".

I still don't know about Anglesey,,,,,,,,

I'm not in much pain but I still can't do much, I still havn't even looked at the bike I don't think it's too bad but I don't have many spare parts, I'm hoping that I can get what I need quickly, trouble is I'm really busy at work as well and don't get much spare time.

I'll probably come along even if I'm not ready to race. (someone's got to take the **** out of Neil)

Matt
Old 07-May-2011, 11:08
Big Twin

Quote:
Thanks, Steve, no problem, I hope the trophey has a good spot on the sideboard

As people keep telling me, "you have to finnish a race to win it".

I still don't know about Anglesey,,,,,,,,

I'm not in much pain but I still can't do much, I still havn't even looked at the bike I don't think it's too bad but I don't have many spare parts, I'm hoping that I can get what I need quickly, trouble is I'm really busy at work as well and don't get much spare time.

I'll probably come along even if I'm not ready to race. (someone's got to take the **** out of Neil)

Matt

Matt dude you have to race if you can. Any points are better than 0. To come and watch will only add to the pain.
I'm not counting you out and anyway as I still havn't got a running bike yet.
Old 10-May-2011, 22:10
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Matt dude you have to race if you can. Any points are better than 0. To come and watch will only add to the pain.
I'm not counting you out and anyway as I still havn't got a running bike yet.

my friend Ian came round today and started pulling bits off and cleaning out all the stones that were still in it, he found a whole pint glass full of the little blighters half of which were in the cam-belts! lucky we didn't run it, ( it did get run for about 30 seconds at mallory, I guess I'm lucky)

Neal Catlin took some bits away to repair them for me (good bloke Neal) and I have ordered some bits from ebay, not least a new rear master cylindar, and brake calipper

The new fairing I spent a week altering and fitting got smashed to bits, but I'll repair it using bits of the old one and bits of the "new" one.

Ian found that the wire from the kill switch was cut almost all the way through and would have failed soon, probably putting me out of another race! how long would it take to find out why it was completely dead?

all in all the bike looks pretty smashed up but nothing too expensive is broken I broke the brand new brembo fold up lever that are not supposed to break and pulled the brake reservoir off, splitting the rubber hose and getting fluid everywhere.

my carbon fiber mud guard is broke I'm not buying another 'cause they cost more than this years repair budget, so I'll have to repair that as well,

the exhaust is bent, i'll bend it straight, Ian took the airbox off and it's full of sand I've never used a vacuum cleaner on a motorbike before, but Ian told me it was standard practice
Old 13-May-2011, 21:26
Big Twin

Quote:
my friend Ian came round today and started pulling bits off and cleaning out all the stones that were still in it, he found a whole pint glass full of the little blighters half of which were in the cam-belts! lucky we didn't run it, ( it did get run for about 30 seconds at mallory, I guess I'm lucky)

Neal Catlin took some bits away to repair them for me (good bloke Neal) and I have ordered some bits from ebay, not least a new rear master cylindar, and brake calipper

The new fairing I spent a week altering and fitting got smashed to bits, but I'll repair it using bits of the old one and bits of the "new" one.

Ian found that the wire from the kill switch was cut almost all the way through and would have failed soon, probably putting me out of another race! how long would it take to find out why it was completely dead?

all in all the bike looks pretty smashed up but nothing too expensive is broken I broke the brand new brembo fold up lever that are not supposed to break and pulled the brake reservoir off, splitting the rubber hose and getting fluid everywhere.

my carbon fiber mud guard is broke I'm not buying another 'cause they cost more than this years repair budget, so I'll have to repair that as well,

the exhaust is bent, i'll bend it straight, Ian took the airbox off and it's full of sand I've never used a vacuum cleaner on a motorbike before, but Ian told me it was standard practice

Sounds promising Matt.

RE the kill switch, my crash in qualifying did the same thing so it's now mounted at the front of the top yoke.