Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Mar-2006, 00:18
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
The deal seems fine to me, I have already sourced 2 sets of tyres for the year - I can get these "authorised" at Cadwell and then any other tyres I need, (which I don't see that I will) I can get for a decent price through Holbeach.

It seems to me that if you can source a couple of sets before Cadwell at your "preffered" price you should do so, get them marked up and all should be well. I think this is limited to 2 sets per bike - how many sets do teams need?

Tim
Old 03-Mar-2006, 00:20
Dibble

Paul,

I did and although I have an opinion on it as an option, I will keep schtum about my opinion.

All i will say is that as a process its reasonable......

1. Email
2. Vote
3. Result

It's not hard ...... it's just there is a jusitifiable fear of the "yes" vote due to potential implications and restrictions, which the RC must recognise, surely.

Other than that, there didn't seem to be any major spelling or grammatical errors.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 00:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul James
Quote:
Originally posted by Glyn
so if some one didn't have a name wrote on their tyre even if it is the right sort of tyre, and they went out and won every race. not only would they not win the season they would not even have any points

no i must have misunderstood?
if some one did that.....
or if a certain percentage did it, the whole race series would be turned into a farce!!

Glyn you are a jolly nice chappie and a fellow ST rider but was that comment based on having read the email that was sent round to all the DD riders ?

nope i havn't seen said e-mail paul
i was just curious
can't even start to claim i have any understanding of the ins and outs of everything the r/c have to organise
and i am sure the r/c have thought this through and done what is best for every one
but if people have already got there tyres for the year is there any need to deduct their points? if this is accually the case, as i say i havn't seen the e-mail
Old 03-Mar-2006, 00:26
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
And ... there's the bit about 'those that dont make cadwell could try and get their wheels sent up with someone so they can be stamped' ?!?!?!?!?!
Now there's a hare-brained scheme if ever I heard of one !

I'm not going to cadwell.
I'm also not going to arse around and remove wheels to be sent up there.

The vote seems to be for the whole nine yards of getting everything marked 'just so', not 'just' for a tyre-supply-monopoly.

My inclination is to vote NO, and I think I have 2 votes (?),
so thats a NO NO then.

It sounds like burocracy gone mad.
(addition)
However, its probably just the wording, as there is a mega attempt to explain everything that has been going on for a whil all in one go, (instead of letting us know more bits earlier).
SO, I will prob vote YES, with the focus on accepting that pirelli need a bit of 'comfort factor' associated with their agreement for us to run the series like this.
That is assuming that, as usual, if it is not possible for someone to do exactly as expected, but they tell the rc in advance, then something can be worked out.

[Edited on 2-3-2006 by phil_h]

That is of course a YES, YES of course

[Edited on 2-3-2006 by phil_h]
Old 03-Mar-2006, 00:58
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
I voted yes, the deal is basically unbeatable, even we can't get the tyres that cheap at trade prices, and that doesn't include fitting and balancing.

Although I do think the deal is a bit iffy when it comes to having them stamp the tyres, I mean at £135 per pair fitted you'd be daft to turn it down unless you had a personal tyre sponsor, so why are they enforcing a no points rule?

I joined the racing because it looked like fun from pit crewing for Glyn last year, but **** me there aint half a lot of politics involved with it.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 01:02
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:
Originally posted by kye
I voted yes, the deal is basically unbeatable, even we can't get the tyres that cheap at trade prices, and that doesn't include fitting and balancing.

'fraid it's not unbeatable kye!
Old 03-Mar-2006, 01:06
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996
Quote:
Originally posted by kye

'fraid it's not unbeatable kye!

Unbeatable if you don't have someone paying towards them and fitting them for free?????

It does seem a good price from that point of view, but if you have help with tyres, then obviously it's of no use is it.

The points issue/marking of tyres is the only downfall as I can see it.

Otherwise, it's great.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 01:19
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Nick according to the site in your signature there price is a fair bit more than been offered by Holbeach and under the race support section there is no mention of attending DD rounds. I assume when you say the price we are being offered is not unbeatable we would have to be talking 20% discount plus support or possibly geater than 20% discount without support.

So I see the deal on offer as a good deal
Old 03-Mar-2006, 01:24
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Skids, i was thinking kye was referencing a 'deal' i.e. one which could be negotiated rather than the normal over-the-counter price.

I agree the Holbeech offer is excellent, but what's the point of the tyre marking and points loss?
Old 03-Mar-2006, 01:27
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Can only assume its a way of ensuring that we all use the service and therefore make it a viable option for Holbeach at £XXX a set???

A bit like making Cadwell points scoring - if it wasn't, nobody would turn up - AND I'M NOT HAVING A GO, JUST USING THAT AS AN EXAMPLE

But I'm only guessing.