Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Oct-2006, 21:25
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
Should I race next year then? I can barely afford entries as it is now, at the end of the day it's a race, people race to win so why not go on qualifying times? If you don't want to race, whats wrong with trackdays? When I dont fancy racing, I go do them

If I knew this was the situation, I wouldn't have turned up in the first place, but alas the RC and their lack of communication with NE have ****ed it up again
Old 08-Oct-2006, 21:41
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by kye
Should I race next year then? I can barely afford entries as it is now, at the end of the day it's a race, people race to win so why not go on qualifying times? If you don't want to race, whats wrong with trackdays? When I dont fancy racing, I go do them

If I knew this was the situation, I wouldn't have turned up in the first place, but alas the RC and their lack of communication with NE have ****ed it up again

I take it from this comment that when New Era sent back your entry they didn't inform you that you were a reserve ? If they did then it is racing convention that the reserves who submitted late entries go on a list and get to take up any places vacated by those who fail to qualify. Chris Wood was unfortunately unable to compete so the first reserve (Phil H) took the vacant spot as first reserve.

I'm afraid that is how it works.

Best thing all the riders interested in the 2007 series can do is register their entry with Ducati Sporting Club ASAP so that we can see if we need to negotiate with New Era for two grids as a regular occurence or just a single, mixed grid.

Jim Parker has confirmed that New Era welcome the 2007 Ducati Sporting Club Desmo Due Championship to be run at their meetings next year.

Riders will be getting email confirmation of this and other DD related news over the next week and the details for 2007 will be included in Pronto to ensure that other members interested in entering next year are all informed.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 08-Oct-2006, 21:44
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBBLE
I thought New Era ran the race series ??

Another false assumption.

Ducati Sporting Club run the series, New Era host the series at their meetings.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 08-Oct-2006, 21:51
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
Sorry I wasn't clear, I was apparently a reserve, then I qualify, ASK New Era, double check with NE and tripple check and YES I'm on the grid.

Me goes and gets ready, then Murray informs me of a situation, so we go down to the lady organsising the grids, and shes been told times, then Chris goes and tells her otherwise 1 minute before the poxy race starts

RC or NE? I don't care now, I just want my money back then I'll go ponder selling my bike or not, yes, I could have just gone with being bunged the SV650 class but I'm not competative there and was in for trophys in the DD class.
Old 08-Oct-2006, 22:19
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
just remember what cant kill you will only make you stronger, Oh yea and make you get your entries in earlier............
Old 08-Oct-2006, 23:19
Dibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
Another false assumption.

Ducati Sporting Club run the series, New Era host the series at their meetings.

?? = a question, a . would have equalled an assumption.

I had you down as an intelligent man !!!!

and as they say in "Lock Stock" .. Assumption is the mother of all **** ups ....
Old 09-Oct-2006, 08:38
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
My view of this is that New Era mistakenly applied normal rules (that do apply for most other series) to our series. As the DD, we have different rules.

The non-qualifiers (too many for a single grid) are the ones who entered late, not the ones who qualified with the slowest times.

The issues surrounding reserves can be unfortunate, and it was a shame for you Kye, you rode really well.

Greater clarity is required around this DD rule, but it is also the responsibility of individuals to fully understand the potential implications.

One final thought - I was extremely impressed with Dave Pratt's gesture (as I understand it) of not racing in the second race in order for Murray to get out there - that is what the DD is all about. - Nice one Dave.

Tim
Old 09-Oct-2006, 09:32
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
I thought it was quite clear that late entries were reserves. New Era made a mistake, the RC rectified it, seemed like they were doing their job just fine to me. Shame that not everyone could get out there, but rules is rules.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 09:36
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
It would seem its not really an issue with the rules themselves but perhaps the communication of them? The end of the second season and there's still two different interpretations of the rule by New Era and the RC?

Anyway, I'm sure its all been ironed out.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 09:53
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
I think that Paul and Tim have covered this perfectly earlier in this thread.

The reason for the problem of timing was simply that Dave Pratt, Murray and Franco brought this to the RC's attention something like 15 mins before the 1st race. We had been having a nice cup of tea and were totally unaware.

We went into the race office, got it sorted, then I made sure that Kye and Murray were properly informed before the race of what was going on.

The fact that the lady in the holding area was not informed is a New Era issue, not a DSC one.

It is unfortunate, but in the event of a race being over subscribed then the grid has to be made up of those who got their entries in on time. Otherwise we could have the situation whereby a couple of 620s could come along late and bump a couple of the Class B guys off, just because they have more power. That would be grossly unfair.

The rules will be ammended to make this situation clearer for 2007.