Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 22-Feb-2011, 20:07
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
well I've chopped it down Tim....bit more extreme than yours tho

how did you find the single disc set up? Looks like a brembo radial fitted on there....16mm???
Old 22-Feb-2011, 20:38
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
The single disk setup worked fine, I'm pretty sure it was the Brembo 16x18 Master cyl which also made it quite a sharp braking effort, very immediate, but really worked well and saved loads of unsprung weight.

Just have to watch pad wear as it can just easily eat them very quickly. I did get through one set after just one session of a track day!! I think they weren't a decent set of race pads though

I'm sure I used Lucas pads in the end and they had much better life - just keep an eye on them if you're going single disk.

Any pics of the cut down seat you're using?
Tim
Old 22-Feb-2011, 20:44
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Any pics of the cut down seat you're using?
Tim

cheers, I'll be getting some new pads as the old ones have a fair amount of life but think they are std road ones and going from 2 to 1 disc means its more critical I'd guess

will put some pics up tomorrow, but I have cut down the sides the same as yours but also shortened it by quite a lot - finishes about 8cm after the end of the trimmed frame (half way up your number board I reckon) tried to keep a similar rounded back to the std. Means you can see under the back but looks much neater imho - just going to get a wet back now when raining!!

looking at your pics reminds me, I was going to try the SS tank I have and see hiow I get on now I have a few less inches around the waist. Having changed how I ride, it woulod be nice to try locking a leg in to the tank and seeing if it helps

Last edited by bradders : 22-Feb-2011 at 20:49.
Old 22-Feb-2011, 21:02
WSB Hero

I also think the early SS tank looks a lot better too, you need an external fuel pump assy though, and make sure its mounted properly, otherwise you might get it tangle with the throttle linkages, get your throttle stuck wide open and break your collarbone!!! - DOH
Old 22-Feb-2011, 21:12
MotoGP God

Quote:
I also think the early SS tank looks a lot better too, you need an external fuel pump assy though, and make sure its mounted properly, otherwise you might get it tangle with the throttle linkages, get your throttle stuck wide open and break your collarbone!!! - DOH

cant you use the one that fitted inside?

another question: where did you get the rear sets? THey look like they'd help in changing the positioning of mine...
Old 22-Feb-2011, 21:25
WSB Hero

Sorry, I meant pressure regulator, the pump is indeed inside the tank. As for the rearsets -- hmmmm, I'll need to think about that one - leave it with me....
Old 22-Feb-2011, 21:41
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Sorry, I meant pressure regulator, the pump is indeed inside the tank. As for the rearsets -- hmmmm, I'll need to think about that one - leave it with me....

Not sure why you needed a pressure reg Tim, as with a T piece fitted in the feed line the excess is returned to the tank, no requirement for a regulator.
Old 22-Feb-2011, 21:47
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Not sure why you needed a pressure reg Tim, as with a T piece fitted in the feed line the excess is returned to the tank, no requirement for a regulator.

is it different because a monster is vacuum not pump fed normally?
Old 22-Feb-2011, 21:53
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:

Those foot rests are DP ones quite hard to get hold of now & expensive when you do.

I used to make some that put them in the same position but cost a fraction of the price, don't think I have any left as I let Dallas have the last couple but I'll have a look in my spares.
Old 22-Feb-2011, 22:02
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz
Those foot rests are DP ones quite hard to get hold of now & expensive when you do.

I used to make some that put them in the same position but cost a fraction of the price, don't think I have any left as I let Dallas have the last couple but I'll have a look in my spares.

cheers Chaz. Is that on Dallas new bike? If so I'll have a try of his and maybe I can get something made up