Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Sep-2006, 17:12
everton

I’ve got a new bike ...

... well it feels like it anyway!! Don’t worry, I haven't gone over to the other side and become a tractor boy or rice rocket jockey No, still the same 999R but now with the JHP magic dust sprinkled all over it.

I’m not one for moaning about poor service, and I’ve had plenty of that in the past, in the bike world, but if I think I’ve received outstanding service then I will make sure everyone knows about it so bear with me ....

So, Mrs Everton and I had a top afternoon yesterday at JHP (Ducati Coventry for the corporate types among you) and these boys know about service. My 999R is three years old now with 10K on the clock so it needed some TLC. Big bill mind, but the friendliness, care and attention to detail we received from JH himself, RH, John Burrows and Mark in sales was over and beyond anything I have experienced in 10 years of Ducati ownership.

I talked to John about the ‘big’ service and MOT required when we were all at Cadwell Park and he arranged to pick up the 999R from home, at his expense, and assured me of a top job.

I’m happy to state on this forum that I got better than a top job!

Job includes, major service, including belts, new Bucci racing slipper clutch and carbon plates, 525 chain, renthal sprocket set, two new coils, new Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tyres and nice new computerised MOT certificatethingy.

It is transformed !!!!!!!!!

I had a superb ride back from Coventry yesterday evening via Banbury and the Oxford ring road. The journey went by in a flash!!!!

Before we left John let Brenda loose on a cracking 749 in Airwaves colours, signed by Gregorio and Leon. Brenda had asked for a try out on a 749 but JHP has sold its demonstrator. Hang on a minute says JHP – we’ve got one of Ducati’s 749 press bikes downstairs. One quick call to Ducati UK and Brenda was off for a blat round the local roads with JB. JH took some photos so when he e-mails them to me I’ll post them.

I was so moved by the service we received, and moved in another way by the countless cups of coffee I was offered, that I tried on a set of Daytona boots and ended up buying a pair of them as well!! They didn’t have the colour I wanted, only black and yellow (why would anyone want yellow!) so they ordered a pair from the distributors – I’ve just got home this afternoon and ParcelForce tried to deliver a package this morning – it must be them!

Unfortunately JH has ‘given up’ reviewing and contributing to this forum so I hope another of the JHP boys kindly lets him know what Bren and I think of his superb service.

All being well there might be a 749 Christmas pressie for Bren and guess where it will come from and where any and all Ducatis in this household will be serviced in future.

After all it’s only a 70 mile ride away along some pretty cracking roads!

Last edited by everton : 21-Sep-2006 at 19:00.
Old 21-Sep-2006, 17:23
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Well done mate!

Did you resist the red frame and swing arm jobbie whilst you were there?
Old 21-Sep-2006, 17:29
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Nice one David, glad you got it all sorted

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 21-Sep-2006, 17:34
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
You are just reiterating what I and many others have been saying for years David-John is the man, and all of his guys operate to his standards. My ST4S only goes there, and the twinspark will be over there as soon as he has room for it. He is also sorting out the head from my Gilera for me.
I will ensure he gets to know your feelings.
In fact I just spoke to John(in Bologna!) and he really appreciates your comments David.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 21-Sep-2006, 17:55
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Talking

I'm sure I will be able to second your comments David.............
Old 21-Sep-2006, 19:07
everton

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
Well done mate!

Did you resist the red frame and swing arm jobbie whilst you were there?

Yep, decided to resist that on the basis that they'll be replaced next year, along with engine, wheels, fairings, well everything really
Old 21-Sep-2006, 19:58
Big Twin

Mood: Happy.
Thumbs up

David,
Good news. Great to hear that you've remained loyal to the exotic Italian marque and not been tempted by the mass produced crotch rockets.

IMHO, JHP have an excellent reputation here and with service of that calibre both mechanical and personal, I'm certain they will continue to flourish.

Bucci - very nice, bet it makes gear changes a breeze.

Brenda, look forward to seeing you aboard a 749.

Take care,
Richard & Christine.
Old 21-Sep-2006, 20:03
Ducati Corse

Brenda - I hate you

sorry, just wishing AK would take me 'shopping' like that!

and JH - top man
Old 21-Sep-2006, 20:56
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Nice to hear good stuff like this. I'm thinking Brenda's going to be very quick indeed on a 749. One thing to pull you up on, though Dave. I think you meant to say 'early Christmas present.
Old 21-Sep-2006, 20:58
Dibble

nice one Dave ..