Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Aug-2006, 21:08

Mood: crabbit
official V uk spec

I have done search and have found a few threads with opinions about imports. I am looking to buy a 999 in the near future, I have seen a lot of ads which state official uk bike. I had a mille until recently and I know the difference with import and official mille's.
What is the deal with 999's, are they restricted if they are imports. Are the projector style lights sided, I take it the dash is changeable from mph to kph.

What do I need to look for, how would I know a uk spec bike and, how much less are imports worth.

cheers Jim

Edit...Wrong thread title, it should have been import V uk, but you knew that..

Last edited by big jim : 20-Aug-2006 at 21:23.
Old 20-Aug-2006, 22:42
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
All Ducati are built to the same spec in the same factory, with very few differences between markets.

For example, European bikes have the speedo set to Km/h but because it is electronic I believe it is in the manual how you change this to mph.

The major difference would be the headlight on the bike dips the wrong way on an import, but under the sale of goods act, the seller is liable to ensure that it is fit for purpose and therefore has the right headlight - it has to be changed at their cost.

American bikes have reflectors on the forks.

I think the French ones may be lower power, but I'm not sure.

Basically there is very minimal difference and because it is built and supplied within the EU, the warranty is valid no matter which country it is purchased from in the EU - that's EU rules.

Import prices are lower but resale (2nd hand) will be the same because they really are the same bike. If you buy an official UK bike you may get a 0% finance offer or maybe some deal on servicing with the dealer to make up the difference, so it may be best to work it out on paper and see which is the better deal for you.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 21-Aug-2006, 10:26
Mille

There are a few European bikes which are 100bhp, ie french and german and switzerland, thats the ones I know about,
Old 21-Aug-2006, 12:03
500SD

Mood: 900 went 999 gone, Multi came and went, 749 Nero now
Just buy my seconhand one and dont worry about an import
Old 21-Aug-2006, 20:44

Mood: crabbit
Cheers boys, on the mille the airbox is restricted, as well as a baffle in the link pipe. You also need to cut a wire on the ecu to release a second map. apart from the headlight they are the same all over the eu, and are deresticted after the first service.
The french laws regulate them to 100bhp. That is why I asked if the ducs were the same.