Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Oct-2006, 21:52
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
Went out Sunday and managed to smash the national speed limit , so she can't be far off the mark

I saw 120 a couple of times (120 what, M'Lud, I'm not saying!). It wasn't pulling as hard as I thought it might? It was pretty wet on the road that was best suited to letting her run on, but the conditions weren't entirely right!
Old 24-Oct-2006, 21:51
Mille

Rosso Corse dont sound to pleased to be getting the bike back! Not very encouraging conversation today...
Old 25-Oct-2006, 23:35
Mille

The bike is back at Rosso Corse...
Old 28-Oct-2006, 18:11
Mille

The saga continues!

The bike went back to Rosso Corse on Wednesday cause its spluttering between 3200-5500rpm.

Collected the bike last night. It ran so well that I took it back first thing this morning after putting some Pro-FST in it (to make sure its not carb-icing thats causing the trouble) and told him without getting too Grrrr that I want it fixed proppa!

I cant believe the man. He has given me a list of stuff that 'needs doing'. He wants to start sorting other stuff out, when he's phucked up a bike that was running sweet-as-a-nut before his partner 'fixed' it!
Old 28-Oct-2006, 20:05
888 at Last !!!

My sympathies and I hope you get it sorted soon. What else needs doing to it?
Old 28-Oct-2006, 22:02
Mille

Rosso Corse say that the headrace is shot(?). Summit aint right, but I'm not sure its that. Plus a fork seal is weaping. He want £170 to do both seals and the h/race-n-bearings. I dunno why, but the gearing is way too tall. The rear sprocket is to small. It has a muller rear tyre.

When that lot's done, I could have a nice lil'bike....till summit falls off it, it's a Duke!

This bike is making my back ache too!

Last edited by SneakyMcC : 28-Oct-2006 at 22:04.
Old 14-Nov-2006, 19:56
Mille

I took the Duke back today. For about the 3rd time since the last update. The choke now works! And the power is back! I suspect that the flat spot is still there. The bike didn't quite get to the high temp that it gets really bad tho