Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Prev   Next
Old 13-Jan-2009, 17:08
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Ah well, that's the last MotoGP I'll be going to for a while. I've ridden Silverstone many a time and although too wide and too flat, it's a great circuit - fast and flowing apart from the Mickey mouse chicane (do you think MotoGP will stand for this crappy corner- I suspect they will do the old circuit) and I don't think they let us mere mortals use the full Abbey corner (could have the name wrong) as it's very fast knee down on a bike - awesome. I much prefer Donny as a riders track and it's a favourite of Rossi and many others (in the dry that is).

However, we all know Silverstone is dreadful for watching - just too far from the action. In saying that, it's a great atmosphere if you are in the section from Bridge as you get to see one of the best bits of the track for overtaking and it's close to the end of the lap and it's a bit lieka football/rugby crowd atmosphere, bit like Brands, just a bit too far away to see the bikes close up. I like some others, respect families and campers want different things to me, but I want to 'see' the racing, smell the bikes, hear the engines, see the slides etc - watching Shakey on the 'Prilla' at Foggy Esses as he wrestled with that machine was a sight to be seen -you could see him twist the throttle, change his feet position, change gear, come out of the corner still lent over but on one wheel leaving a darkie and hear the 'boom' as he changed gear, utterly awesome every time he came around - at Silverstone, you'd be lucky to tell if the rider is on a Honda or Suzuki. And to top it all, I'll have to watch it on the BBC with their second rate commentary.

Ah well, that's progress

WeeJohnyB

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit