Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Jul-2005, 17:20
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
I agree with Rattler i have done both a few times....I think Oulton is better but only just..only reason im not there this year is cos it aint a dd track....

I for one am hoping we can get Oulton into the race series next year ...that would be awesome...................

Phil
Old 08-Jul-2005, 17:21
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
This year I've been to:

Brands Indy
Almeria
Cadwell GP
Cadwell Woodlands
Castle Combe
Snetterton
Brands GP

And I will be doing:

Donington
Brands Indy
Cadwell GP
Old 08-Jul-2005, 17:24
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
only done cadwell. maily because thats where the first DSC trackday i did was and the fact that i'm racing there this year.

would love to do oulton but its a bloody long way with a trailer for me maybe 5 hours? cadwell is 3. and there are lots of good circuits that are loads nearer. brands, snett silverstone donington, rockingham. i have been there spectating in the past and think its a great circuit. would love to have it on the DD list next year as would most other i expect.
Old 08-Jul-2005, 17:26
Dibble

been to neither as i dont enjoy trackdays alone as far as travelling etc is concerned, it would worry me if anything happened and I was stranded somewhere ....

I have been as far north as Mallory ...

I would happily do Oulton and am only getting Cadwell done this year as its TA4 and i'm being chauffered ...
Old 08-Jul-2005, 17:27
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I think Cadwell is more popular simply because they run the track for something or other pretty much every day, so there's loads of availability.

For people like me, work commitments and shortage of dosh means that I can't plan out a trackday calendar for the year, I'm more likely to go on an ad-hoc basis and therefore more likely to find an event happening at Cadwell than at Oulton at any given time.
Old 08-Jul-2005, 17:27
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
So far this year, I've been to (Track days/Spectating)

Oulton
Donny
Silverstone
Mallory
Cadwell
Brands
Snetterton

Will be at Rocky next month for CSS, possibly a TD at Croft if Gizmo can sort it out also
Old 08-Jul-2005, 17:28
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Don't know if this is relevant or not. I used to got all over the country on bike track days a few years ago, Brands, Goodwood, Oulton, Donny, Croft. Rode there and back. The long distance Jobbies meant a B&B stay the night before.

Trackday prices for Brands, Donny and Oulton seem to have gone up a lot more relative to Cadwell and Croft. I have a bit of a thing about not paying more than £100 for a bike trackday, hence I visit Croft and Cadwell more with a very rare trip elsewhere.

Ray.

PS don't know if this is of any interest or how difficult it will be to get a place but but Leeming are doing an Airfield day for £45. Proceeds to Charity. More info. on http://www.bifracing.co.uk Follow the Leeming Motorcycle Club link.
Old 08-Jul-2005, 17:31
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
done this year:

snetterton
rockingham
brands indy
brands gp
cadwell gp
cadwell woodland

doing soon:

donington
Old 08-Jul-2005, 17:32
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Dickie

I reckon its probably closer to 4 hours from you, but check with Jamie as he has done it with the trailer (and we all know how slow he is :P )

I can understand that DD racers don't want to do it this year as they have other priorities and I can understand what Jools says about not being able to plan ahead as much.

I guess it just gets frustrating for me when we get a bit of a slating for not going to Cadwell, Brands or Snett when we are not that keen and have Oulton near by yet many folks come up with excuses for not coming to Oulton yet will go to Cadwell.
Old 08-Jul-2005, 17:33
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
done this year:

snetterton
rockingham
brands indy
brands gp
cadwell gp
cadwell woodland

doing soon:

donington

i get to add a few more if we are doing specific circuits...

Silverstone national and GP
Donny national and full