Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 02-Sep-2005, 23:27
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Rossi\'s Ferrari test program

Its been reported that Ross Brawn has said that Vale will be testing a fazza F1 car every four weeks next year

Looks like the Doctor is pretty serious about F1, nowt left to prove in bike racing?

Ray
Old 04-Sep-2005, 11:58
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Ferrari have stated that he is as quick as an F1 driver in the slow corners, but they want him to also be as quick in the fast ones, and to be a able to win races. Then a decission will be made as to sign him into a race seat.
I think it could well happen. I don't care about the often poor racing in F!.
Just for him to make the switch is a massive achievment. After all Raikonen was slated by the other team managers (his own current team included) due to his lack aquistition of a super liscense despite his total lack of top level racing experiance.
Old 04-Sep-2005, 12:38
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Well as much as I find F1 as exciting as paint drying, It will do a lot for F1 to get someone like Rossi, look at the personallity of F1 drivers....As Boring as the "racing"
Old 07-Sep-2005, 12:35
GTL

Mood: Busy, Busy...Busy!
Friend of mine works high within Honda and according to him, its all confirmed.
Rossi is testing nest year with Ferrari throwing everything at Schu in order for him to leave on a high and retire.

Rossi is then set to replace him for 2007 season.

You can tell Ferrari's intentions anyway, all contracts for their existing drivers expire 2006.
Old 07-Sep-2005, 12:49
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
i think it would be a real shame to lose someone like rossi to f1 but from his point of view you can see why he would do it and i would love to see him do well.
Old 07-Sep-2005, 12:53
GTL

Mood: Busy, Busy...Busy!
might be the only thing to make me start watching it again.
Old 07-Sep-2005, 22:53
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
fair play to the guy if he goes, i love watching him on a bike but whats he got left to prove apart from winning motogp on a ducati maybe

its a shame he cant be involved against schumacher just to see how good the pair are
Old 08-Sep-2005, 01:57
Montjuic

Rossi's still got a lot to prove in bike racing if he wants to be regarded as the undisputed best ever. He hasn't even raced the Isle Of Man let alone won there and he hasn't won a World Superbike Title either. Riders moving from MOTO GP to WSB don't often do as well as many would expect. I recon Corser would give him a run for his money and Haga would carve him up the same as anyone else. If Edwards and Baylis were back in WSB as well Rossi would have a harder time than he's having now especially with no tyre advantage.
Old 08-Sep-2005, 12:20
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Quote:
Originally posted by Spank
Rossi's still got a lot to prove in bike racing if he wants to be regarded as the undisputed best ever. He hasn't even raced the Isle Of Man let alone won there and he hasn't won a World Superbike Title either. Riders moving from MOTO GP to WSB don't often do as well as many would expect. I recon Corser would give him a run for his money and Haga would carve him up the same as anyone else. If Edwards and Baylis were back in WSB as well Rossi would have a harder time than he's having now especially with no tyre advantage.

I want some of what you're smoking...
Old 08-Sep-2005, 12:44
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Can you imagine if Rossi did go to WSB, with Corser, Haga, Bayliss and Edwards, that would just be carnage... if only

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit