Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 28-Jan-2005, 01:25
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Antony, just give Barry a ring at BB Plastics. My mates just bought two full sets of fairings for their GSX-R750s for £170! And, no hacksawing required! So, there is a first hand recommendation.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 01:39
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
As I said though Felix - that's for mass produced UJM from which you can find plenty of retailers. Getting race fairing for a bike that is out of production and hardly ever used for racing before is very, very difficult.

Yes, I could have put some cheap non-Ducati looking fairing on it, but I don't want to.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 01:52
Ducati Meccanica

Fair enough, Antony, although you might change your mind when you lob it down the track. You could always get some Ducati Supermono bodywork. That would really look cool!
Old 28-Jan-2005, 02:30
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Sorry !!! Couldnt resist..............

Old 28-Jan-2005, 02:41
Ducati Meccanica

That's the one, Frank!
Old 28-Jan-2005, 02:48
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Sweet eh?

And there was a guy selling a full set 2nd hand here:

http://www.ducati.ms
Old 28-Jan-2005, 03:46

Hello racers, thought i'd put my 'haphneworth here.

Fairing for the 600SS is £325, not £700!, that's all 3 panels made from high quality materials, semismooth finish on inside and colour inpregnated, it will straight on no mods to stock mounts.
This means no cheapho badly made white thing intended for something bigger longer smaller lower or whatever, which has to be painted, at yet even more cost, end result ......yuk!
By the way a white inset race number background, can be incorporated at no extra cost.
Even the 'seat foam' is pretty special too.

Specially formulated and made material, fully shaped and finished, and there's 2 pieces at that, one for your bum.and one for the small of your back,
For the tightwads,...................... you can purchase the material for less money from Brancato engineering and spend YOUR OWN TIME shaping it, alternatively for a really cheap solution, sit on the fresh air between race leathers and moulding of the seat.

Anyway why all the bitching?. should people who honestly labour away making decent stuff for you to enjoy, have to work for a pittance?.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 08:54
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I still don't see how a 600SS fairing costs £325, (and seat unit £200+)when fairings for all other motorcycles are around £130-£170 (seats £65) whether they are in production or not.

As for being special formula or whatever, I'd rather have a non special but affordable fairing which I can afford to replace when it's been down the track.

This is not a personal dig, and I don't even need a set of bodywork, I'm just playing devils advocate.

I'm sure your product is top class.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 10:16

You try and make patterns, moulds and other related production tools etc. then only produce small ammounts from them, that's why!.

Stuff for jap crap is made by the dozs, as clearly there are more of them, so cost of tooling is spread out.

Incidentally 'devil's advocate' Brancato eng are writing off all the tooling costs for the bellypan, so that each purchaser gets one as cheap as.

Not a personal dig?, ..........I think it is!.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 10:55
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
I looked for ages for a 600ss fairing and spoke to a number of MNF and found none or a luke warm response, so i decided to try second hand kit, spoke to many breakers and a side panel was in the range of 80 ( crap ) to 150 ( for pretty good ) then the top fairing 125 - 150, to replace my already very good road farings with secondhand crap would have cost approx 300 IF i could have found some. I dont want to cut! saw! hack! other farings to fit etc. I also want to save my existing decent fairings for spare and to put back on bike when i sell. To me £325 for a custom made red, ready to fit fairing is a good deal and im happy to pay it.

Its not just about the purchase its about the support the advise etc that comes at no extra cost.

Phil.