Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Sep-2004, 00:59
Big Twin

Time for Tyres

Hi,
its time for a pair of tyres, 4500 miles original front is now in a horrible shape and the second rear scorpion is on its way. Has anyone fit the Diablos? If so do they suit the bike? I was more than happy with the Scorpions but I can get a pair of Diablos fitted for £180 all in. Outright grip is not really a factor as everything seems to touch down before you can get the bike to the edge of the tyre! I am more interested in your opinions of how the bike rides/handles on different rubber. Still Love the bike just wish I had chance to ride it more often! Have had it for 6 months now but a 7 month old baby girl and a busy business are taking up most of my time. I seem to see more MS on the roads now or rather parked up at various meeting places but I never seem to see the owners anywhere? Seen quite a few different red ones at Devils bridge and at Hawes, Any of you lot?

Best Wishes

Martin
Old 06-Sep-2004, 08:31
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Hi Martin
I've had no complaints with the OEM Michelin Spot Cups, but I will be trying out some Bridgestone 014s when the current rubber's exhausted.
I have seen very many people on the board give Diablos the big thumbs-up, Corsas even more so. As you seem to indicate that you do not need Trackday equivalent rubber, I shouldn't think you'll go wrong with the standard Diablos.
Old 06-Sep-2004, 12:11
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I'm quite close to thinking that Diablos must have been made by Sauron in the fires of Mount Doom, because mine seem to have almost magical qualities.

They've been on the bike since early May and have been on several long distance rideouts to Cheshire and Yorkshire, as well as a good number of local ones. They've done the DSC trackday at Cadwell running round in the inters, and a few longish (250 mile) motorway journeys. All in all I reckon they've done about 4000 miles now (a bit difficult to tell 'cos my speedo is bust, but that's based on averaging about 6K a year). The rear is only just showing the very first signs of squaring off and there's plenty of meat left on them for me to do TA3 at Rockingham this Friday.

On the track they are amongst the grippiest tyres I've aver used.
Old 06-Sep-2004, 12:22
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Ive got Metzler MEZ3's on my Multistrumpet at the mo.The only reason I got them was because they were very cheap.(I paid less than the price for a new rear Scorpion!)They grip ok but now they have worn a bit,the steering has quickened up a tad and make the bike feel quite nervous.The rear seems to be wearing at an alarming rate.
All in all,I cant really reccomend them.I'm gonna try some Diablo's next.

[Edited on 6-9-2004 by KeefyB]
Old 06-Sep-2004, 12:29
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
I've got Diablos on my 996 and am well pleased with them, so i'm pretty sure i'll put them on the Multi when the Scorpions are worn out.
Old 06-Sep-2004, 16:21
Big Twin

Hi,
just ordered the Diablos. Will let you know how they suit the Mstrada. Thanks
Old 10-Sep-2004, 14:09
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
As I use the MS mainly for touring I was considering fitting O20s next. Anyone had any experiance of theseo nthe MS?
Old 10-Sep-2004, 14:58
Big Twin

Hi Rocker,
Not had 020s on MS but a few years ago I fit them to a Honda Blackbird and they were great! Did 3000 miles in France including loads of Alpine roads and they never budged an inch and lasted very well too. Bags of grip for most purposes (enough to grind fairing and exhaust of Blackbird) have considered them myself for MS but am having Diablos fit soon.
Old 10-Sep-2004, 16:10
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
I use 020s on my deauville and most of the bikes I have owned in the recent past which is why I was wondering how they suit the MS
Old 10-Sep-2004, 22:15
Big Twin

Mood: Avatar what Avatar
allways used Michelins untill the Guys at the Surrey meet said I should try Bridgestones 012 they are the dogs....