Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Apr-2004, 20:24
Bikes: Ducati 998s final edition,02 748r,honda rc30,mv agusta f4

The Pyrenees

My wife on her Monster 800 and me on my 999 Mono are going to France this summer ...does anyone know of any cracking roads we must abuse in the Pyrenees and surrounding area?? We're new members so please help us out!
Old 21-Apr-2004, 20:38
Mille

Mood: red and proud !!!!
went on hols there last year,,
once you get of toll roads all of the roads are good.
there a good network of roads going over pyrenees-- all along there is plenty of touresty stops..
we stayed in argeles-sur-mer.. not far from spain on coast.. i'll try and dig out road numbers and sights for you...
Old 21-Apr-2004, 20:49
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
There's a cracking run along the old coast road from Perpignan across the border to El Port de la Selva in Spain, that's the N114. We then took the N260 / C26 / N152 / N20 to Andorra which is a hoot .
The D115 from le Bolou ( near Argeles ) over the border again to Sant Pau de Seguires.......
The trick I've found is to look at your Michelin map for a road which appears twisty, especially if it is highlighted in green and just go for it.
Combine mountain roads and a Ducati and you're laughing!
Just sat here looking at the maps makes me smile.....
Old 21-Apr-2004, 20:52
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
If you are going to Autoroute it downthrough France, go via Clermont Ferrand. The autoroute south from there is free, and it's one of the maddest motorways you'll ever ride with some bends you'll be pushed to get around at more than 60mph!!!!!
Old 21-Apr-2004, 22:04
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
Andorra Etc

Nik
I rode down to Spain from home (Switzerland) last June to vist family and came across a very frendly "Auberge" near the Andorra border but still in France called - Auberge La Fount in the village of LA LLAGONNE

Tel: 0033 4 68 04 24 10 or www.cerdagne-capcir.fr or email: lafount@cerdagne-capcir

I came across it in the pouring rain and it's just off the main road in a village side street (very well signposted) and the owners do not speak a word of english. However they were extremely friendly and spoke Catalan or French or Spanish. The let me put the Duc right inside the glass front doors and charged me 25Euro for room with piping hot shower, 4 course dinner with as much wine as could drink in front of blazing log fire, and a buffet breakfast! Fantastic is all I can say.

Old 21-Apr-2004, 22:39
Dibble

boy are you in for a treat mate ...

went last year , did 2400 miles in ten days ... corking roads all across from Biarritz to Andorra before caning it back across middle France ...

Where are you getting your ferries to and from as that will have some bearing ...

the roads that run along and across the Pyrenees are stunning ... ascents, descents, snow caps, lakes and hairpins that have you beleiving you ae in heaven ...

aaahhhh ... the memories ...

some cool places .. Proto, Jaca, Huesca, Pamplona, Perpignan, mate the list is endless..

all we did was awoke each morning, decided where lunch would be and rode there, then decided where we needed to end the day .. and you guessed it ... rode there ...

try not to plan too much .. and you'll always find somewhere to stay and a place to hide the bikes ....

happy travelling mate ..