Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Sep-2005, 19:00   #1
500SD

Mood: Yellow!!
Mirror Lense
On my way home today I noticed that the mirror lense on the left handside isn't staying in place from positioning.

As you'll know on the 748/916 etc, the mirror lense moves independantly of the actual mirror casing.

The left one seems a bit slack and so won't hold its position when going over bumps etc (or any road on the Isle of Man!!!)

Is there anyway to tighten the lense up?

Thanks
Old 22-Sep-2005, 19:02   #2
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Yep, there's a bolt inside the fairing that goes up into the mirror. Push the mirror back down onto the fairing and tighten that bolt up. Be careful though, it's a shearbolt designed to give way so if you overtighten it the head will snap off.
Old 22-Sep-2005, 19:05   #3
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Be careful though, it's a shearbolt designed to give way so if you overtighten it the head will snap off.

Handy!!

Thanks though I'll set to it
Old 22-Sep-2005, 19:07   #4
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Yep, there's a bolt inside the fairing that goes up into the mirror. Push the mirror back down onto the fairing and tighten that bolt up. Be careful though, it's a shearbolt designed to give way so if you overtighten it the head will snap off.

Think he means the actual lense not the mirror housing here Tony!

On the underside of the mirror you'll see a small hole, you need to insert a scredriver in there (not sure if it's a flatblade etc you'll need) that screw basically tightens the mirror mount up to stop it moving.

HTH
Old 22-Sep-2005, 19:10   #5
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
I think you'll find TP is talking b0ll0cks and refering to the bolt that holds the mirror caseing to the fairing, ignore him he's from down under and has made some really nasty threat to me (coz he's a bully) as part of the webfoot team I'll probably get deleted from the board for ever now.

The mirror casing should have a small hole underneath to get a small crosshead screwdriver in to tighten the screw up which stops the mirror moving so easily.

You can just pop the mirror glass out of the caseing and see what i mean if you want.

Clever simple design, bit like me really.

Ah ha see JPM beat me to it

[Edited on 22-9-2005 by BDG]
Old 22-Sep-2005, 19:11   #6
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Quote:
Originally posted by TP

Think he means the actual lense not the mirror housing here Tony!

On the underside of the mirror you'll see a small hole, you need to insert a scredriver in there (not sure if it's a flatblade etc you'll need) that screw basically tightens the mirror mount up to stop it moving.

HTH

So he does!

Whoops!
Old 22-Sep-2005, 19:15   #7
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by BDG
I think you'll find TP is talking b0ll0cks and refering to the bolt that holds the mirror caseing to the fairing, ignore him he's from down under and has made some really nasty threat to me (coz he's a bully) as part of the webfoot team I'll probably get deleted from the board for ever now.

The mirror casing should have a small hole underneath to get a small crosshead screwdriver in to tighten the screw up which stops the mirror moving so easily.

You can just pop the mirror glass out of the caseing and see what i mean if you want.

You snooze you lose Shaun

Clearly your wireless connection is a bit slow

[Edited on 22-9-2005 by JPM]
Old 22-Sep-2005, 19:18   #8
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by BDG

Your account will self-destruct in 5 seconds ....

5, 4, ....
Old 22-Sep-2005, 21:11   #9
500SD

Thanks guys, yeah I ment the shiny bit that cracks if I don't leave my helmet on.
Old 22-Sep-2005, 23:15   #10
500SD

A picture speaks a thousand words