Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Oct-2003, 07:41
everton

OYB are the same - they quote £199 if bought from them or £50 more if sourced elsewhere, see -

http://www.onyerbike.net/service.htm

I don't see how they should charge what is twice that for the same service - who is the dealer anyway.

Also, I have bought five Ducatis from OYB of which three were new and in each case I ran it to at least 650/700 miles first, on their recommendation, other wise what's the point in doing it with so few miles on it?
Old 21-Oct-2003, 13:03
Montjuic

Mood: Deeply Grooved....
Word from the wise - it is not included in the standard Duc checklist for the 600 mile exam (I am given to understand) but well worth getting the alternator nut torque/security checked.

The dealer must take down a bit more of the LH side of the engine and drain the coolant to get at it, but the peace of mind and the likelyhood of avoiding all the hassle and grief of an engine rebuild with a new crankshaft is worth it IMHO.
Old 21-Oct-2003, 13:42
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
The Dealer is Riders of Bristol, they have not quoted a price yet. So it may be a good price was just wondering if there was a reason for taking it in earlier, Everton's post suggests later.

I forgot when buying the bike to ask about the first service. So Expect they will charge now, hope for a price of around £100.

Thanks

Lee1980
Old 21-Oct-2003, 19:39
Mille

Mmmm. Mine was done at OYB and as Everton points out the fixed price for the first svc is £199. Mine "only" cost £99. Dunno if it was a mistake on their website - I didn't hang about to question it - I was leathered up and out the door before they changed their mind - as I was expecting to pay the full £199. (Which if I may say is extortionate).

Let us know how you get on Lee as its always good to get feedback on servicing quality etc.

Cheers.
Jacko.
Old 21-Oct-2003, 21:10
Montjuic

I thought first service was labour free....I only paid for oil/filters etc
Old 21-Oct-2003, 22:41
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
My first service. at 600 miles, cost me £260.

I always thought the first service was free and all you paid for woz parts.

Still its only money!!!
Old 21-Oct-2003, 23:38
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
So it could be anything from £99-450.

I'm almost to scared to phone them and ask now, I'll wait till the end of the month, pay day. Perhaps then I won't s*%t me self when he tells me how much the first service is

All part of owning a Ducati I suppose, Quadruple the price compared to the japs!

Thanks

Lee1980

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by Lee1980]
Old 23-Oct-2003, 22:41
Mille

Mood: The medication helps!
What in god's name needs doing at a first service 1000km that could cost £200 plus!!

Oil and filter kick the tyres and flash the lights!

What a rip off, as for checking the alternator nut, we must be nuts for paying for it as this is another one of those Ducati things that just come loose!!

We must want our heads looking at, rant rant

All the best, Mark

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by Mark853]

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by Mark853]
Old 24-Oct-2003, 07:07
Mille

I agree with Mark 853.
As long as people are prepared to accept that they pay more for the honour of owning a Ducati then I suppose the dealers will keep taking the money. Wouldnt you??
Ducati dealers are supposed to work by a set price servicing scheme whereby if you go to an official franchised dealer the service costings should basically be the same. (Give or take slight variations). It seems ridiculous that some dealers (Eg Ducati Manchester) will do first service f.o.c if bike bought from them whereas others charge just parts and others are charging upto £260.
I agree that you should get work on Ducatis done properly but that shouldnt mean paying through the nose just because of the marque. Dont accept a charge without a bloody good fight!
Old 24-Oct-2003, 09:06
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
service

Ring ducati uk and speak to costomer services ask them for what the first service involves & how much, i have had 4 new 748's and most ihave payd for a first service is £45.

Chass