Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Oct-2003, 11:53
500SD

Thanks Antonye,

Just plowed through the old thread etc. It's not what I would call a "safe" purchase so I don't think I'll bother bidding now.

Cheers,

Neil.
Old 30-Oct-2003, 12:36
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I wouldn't necessarily call it "unsafe" to purchase (he says picking his words very carefully!) but I don't think it's been presented on ebay very well...

You could put this down to the person not really knowing, or having experience with, what they are selling, but the fact that he's been selling these for a while and others have asked questions and got some "interesting" replies kind of suggests otherwise...

It's very easy to get excited about a cheap item on ebay that seems to be a bargain, but on closer inspection (as with this and the caps/springs and the previous one with the wear marks on the basket) you sometimes need to look a little closer.

If you are considering a slipper clutch, you should have a look at http://www.tecmoto.co.uk/ as they sell a range of complete clutches from around 540, including both STM and Bucci.
(although I can't get to their site at the moment to confirm prices!)
Old 30-Oct-2003, 14:45
Mille

Mood: Ha ha eat my flailing tyre rubbe
Been following this one myself.

Ever since I bought one of the corse slippers of this coop chap i've been intrested to see he's still getting a good supply of them from wherever his source is ? But then so would i as it seems he's onto a winner. Yes he doesn't declare himself as a trader and my unit did turn up without the spring retainers but that was easy to sort. so as with all things internet you takes your chances. I would reccomend anyone intrested in one to give the guy a call and let him explain himself. My clutch has done about 1200 miles no probs albeit the initial graunchy noises which other users have pointed out. that has more or less gone with that addition of the brembo radial clutch lever and good practice. it's still on the same plates and no issues with basket wear, overheating or slip. I could have been a lucky one but then his feedback doesn't suggest that. still, I'm happy with my lot

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by flyingbanana]
Old 30-Oct-2003, 14:50
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I remember you saying that you were buying one at the time FB, and I meant to ask you how you were getting on with it.

I'm glad it was a good purchase for you, but I think anyone else that had the unit turn up with "bits missing" might feel a little disappointed about it, hence the need to ask questions.
Old 30-Oct-2003, 15:13
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Thats why they Ebay has ask seller a question option as well as access to feedbacks, but a personal endorsement always helps. So I would like to Endorse the three Redmond brothers, Scott (reservoir Cogs - trader), Jim (Bike-enders - trader) and Danny ( Dano Busa- not a trader but has a lot of contacts in the trade)
FB glad to hear your happy with the purchase of the clutch, how about the other mods to your bike, how do you rate them, the lighter wheels etc.
Old 30-Oct-2003, 16:19
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
The saddest thing I\'ve seen on Ebay...

Are the people that are bidding for the owners manuals/parts lists that some chancer has put onto CD rom...

Just today I felt compelled to email the bidder for the ST owners manual/parts list(who was prepared to pay about £15 for one of these) and tell him that all the seller has done is download them for nowt off the ducati.com site, burn them onto a CD and try flogging them....peasant . I had to tell the bidder that he too could get them all for nowt

I wonder if ducati's copyright lawyers would be interested in the sellers email?

Oh, I forgot, the CD also contains Duke photo's, video clips and screensavers. Now they wouldn't be off the ducati site as well would they??????

:sarcastic irony: Oh we don't have a smiley for that!!!

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by Jools]