Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Nov-2005, 12:46
Big Twin

hmmm ... I was thinking about the one cylinder being different to the other (pipe wise). I can't see why that would be a good thing, unless the length/dia of each is balanced out so they effectively look the same to the engine?

what you're saying here then is that "bigger is not neccessarily better" when it comes to exhausts
Old 12-Nov-2005, 15:20
Mille

all depends wot the engine is being asked to do , and of couse the amount of fuel your chuckin in !! you obviousley need enough pipe area to dispose of spent gasses without causin an obstruction , as i said earlier my mate has fitted serpant headers to his buell , these are supposed to smooth the passage of gasses (stop tumblin ) to give less resistance , they look like some yts lads had a go with the pipebender to me , but there supposed to work !!!! any way these are just my opinions , i,m a buildin site labourer after all
Old 12-Nov-2005, 19:56
500SD

Mood: happy
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
102 dB

I think it,s 102 db ish
Old 12-Nov-2005, 19:56
Montjuic

Mood: On the edge
Cheers Ace, it clears up a few things!!!

Had thought about a 57mm system, but think I'll stick wiv wot I've got and just get a PC111 fittes and re-mapped.

Cheers Mate!
Old 12-Nov-2005, 22:37

I am also looking at the Termi's for my 05 749. I plan on doing the asym (half) kit with ECU etc etc.

Anyone had a dyno done before/after termi's on a 749? ...or simply know what affect she (Termi) has on the power curve?

Ta!
Old 12-Nov-2005, 23:21
Big Twin

I never had a dyno run done before, but I am pretty sure that the Power Commander will give a smoother power curve than the Termi ECU, because of the compromises that the manufacturers have ot go through for noise, emmisions etc. Having said that, I might end up with a brand new 'unkeyed' asymetric Termi ECU that I might sell once they come back in stock again. I can't see me swapping the std ECU and PC3 for a stock ECU again.
Old 12-Nov-2005, 23:53
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Just a thought -

I think my original alloy 851 exhausts had a ducati logo and a serial number stamped on them. If you had an ally plate made up with the number and logo and riveted it onto the carbon exhaust, would you then be able to say to the m.o.t. inspector / traffic cops that you were convinced that it was the original exhaust?

If so I might be able to get some made...............

Phil
Old 13-Nov-2005, 00:05
Big Twin

The problem in my case is the "not for road use" ( or is it "for racing use only") stamped on the underside of the can.
Old 13-Nov-2005, 00:52
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by philthy
Just a thought -

I think my original alloy 851 exhausts had a ducati logo and a serial number stamped on them. If you had an ally plate made up with the number and logo and riveted it onto the carbon exhaust, would you then be able to say to the m.o.t. inspector / traffic cops that you were convinced that it was the original exhaust?

If so I might be able to get some made...............

Phil
I think any markings on the exhaust have to be indelably marked,....i.e stamped or etched in.
There are loads of BSAU stickers and plates available on Fleabay.I think by fitting these you run the risk of 'perverting the cause of justice' or summat.
Old 13-Nov-2005, 16:39
Mille

after xmas i should have a few dyno graphs if anybodies interested in seein em ( santas bringin me a power comander a mate of mine runs his own dyno so i should get plenty of messin about time for my money ! gunner do some comparison runs , i.e standard can ,termi asym , you know the score , also gunner run up with , 14 tooth front , did a gear alteration (two up on rear ) on my busa and liked it , to get a road speed type test , 1 down on front = about 2 1/4 on rear i think . should make interestin viewin , oh and plenty of pics of the duke being abused ot dyno also i like the clock shots when its screamin ,