Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 27-Feb-2012, 13:51
Bikes: Ducati 999s, Kawasaki ZX7r, Kawasaki KX250

Newbie intro'

Hi all

snuck out in the spring weather break at the weekend to pick up my first Ducati.....fresh MOT and belts from Moto Italia in Lincoln. Terry was like a proud Dad; take it easy, wash off the salt when you get home etc etc

Anyhoo....long time biker and can remember the Hailwood Rep poster on the wall as a kid. Taken this long to buy one. After first ride proper yesterday, can't think why.

Long dry summer ahead for me to raise my riding game and do the bike justice. Aim to do some track days away from lunatics......

cheers

Paul

Will upload pics when I work out how to.....
Old 27-Feb-2012, 14:16
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mileypau
Hi all

snuck out in the spring weather break at the weekend to pick up my first Ducati.....fresh MOT and belts from Moto Italia in Lincoln. Terry was like a proud Dad; take it easy, wash off the salt when you get home etc etc

Anyhoo....long time biker and can remember the Hailwood Rep poster on the wall as a kid. Taken this long to buy one. After first ride proper yesterday, can't think why.

Long dry summer ahead for me to raise my riding game and do the bike justice. Aim to do some track days away from lunatics......

cheers

Paul

Will upload pics when I work out how to.....

Hi Paul, welcome to the club, it is no suprise that Terry behaved like a proud dad, he became one for the first time a few weeks ago

As for a track day, the club trackday is in july and as it is only just up the road at Cadwell
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=85665

Chris
Old 02-Mar-2012, 11:27

Pics..

thanks for the tip Chris..... have posted a question on that thread.

Managed to add some pics now (I think)

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ducati 999s (Copy).JPG (197.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg PM ZX7r (Copy).JPG (196.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg KX250 Colsterworth (Copy).JPG (198.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-Mar-2012, 14:24
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the DSC

Both Chris.p (my brother) and i live in or near to Lincoln if you ever want to meet up for a chat or anything, it was not you by anychance i passed going through Aubourn this week just coming out the one way system heading towards Harmston as i was going towards A46 ? i was on my bayliss Rep
Old 02-Mar-2012, 15:47
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I do love the ZX7-R in those colours. I was very close to buying one instead of the 748, but I had a go on my mate's ZXR750 and just couldn't ride the thing. It reminded me of my old RGV250 in that you had to wring it's neck to make it go anywhere! Lovely bike, just not the right riding style for me.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 02-Mar-2012, 17:07

Bionicle

No it wasn't me but v. close. I picked the bike up Sat late morning and shot down the A46 to Newark to catch a mate there (well show off really) before home. I am near Caythorpe so often go to Lincoln via Brant Broughton etc. Will no doubt run into you soon once the salt is gone and the sun is out

Antonye

Ah now ZXRs....check this image.

Performance Bikes 'Rich *******s Frenzy' in about 1988 or 9. Note the Frank Thomas 5 buckle boots and if you can look real close the scuffed leather knees without knee sliders (weren't available back then). Oulton Park with a light mist/drizzle.....managed to scrape footpegs both sides. Was I just braver back then?

Jamie Whitham was in attendance on the Durex Suzuki. I stuck to his tail and followed him around the section from Knickerbrook (where this was taken - now remodelled and called Hizzy's), up Clay Hill (he wheelied it like a B**tard over the rise) and then through the section under Warwick Bridge (I think it's called). I bottled it on the braking for Lodge. Fastest 1/2 a mile I've ever done

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZXR Oulton Park.jpg (72.3 KB, 2 views)