Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Mar-2006, 16:11
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
118 bhp from an 853R would be the best one, after a full refresh, with the heads ported/flowed to make use of the bigger valves, cams dialled in etc not just an 853 kit fitted. the sigma graph is before and after all that work and is and example of the best they can make one, not an average.

Just fitting just the kit with set up, they make 110 - 115 rwbhp. and a better shape curve with the cam timing set correctly.

I am probably going to get shot down now by lots of people waving dyno print outs but I can only go on what our dyno says. We had a recent customer who was not happy with the dyno print out we did showing 115 for his bike??? so he took it elsewhere and without making any changes they did 2 runs and gave him a printout showing 122! so please don't shoot me down about power figures. they seem to vary depending on if you want the customer to have the real number or just keep them happy.

You can get more out of an 853R, like i say above, but once you have fitted the kit and dialled in the cams and put a larger exhast system on, the price per BHP starts to get silly.

This sounds a bit negative, but its better not to expect or get promised horsepower.

Having said that, it feels MUCH more power than it is, i'm always amazed how fast my 853RS feels.