Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Jul-2004, 16:46
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
[
learn to ride then mate. i could go quicker without ever locking up the rear.

sound and fair advice, but time & location prevents me from more track time, as I'm not welcome at my nearest circuit (Goodwood) since I successfully sued them, and the next nearest that allows track time is 3 hours away.

Applying CSS techniques on the road isn't the easiest thing, nor in many cases the most relevant beyond level 1. I've done road training and been assessed by Class 1 riders as fast and safe as recently as last month.

The idea behind fitting a slipper is to allow me to push a little harder when I do get track time and not be worrying about locking the rear into a turn. Never had a problem with this on the R1's before, so it's probably a case of changing riding style to suit, but 18 yrs of parallel fours is a tough one to break

The idea behind the termi's is - more power, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 01-Jul-2004, 17:01
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
You got lightweight wheels? Probably the biggest noticable change I've made to my bike.
Old 01-Jul-2004, 17:03
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_S
Suspension setup already booked @ MH Racing next weekend

FIM Chip, filters etc already fitted and dyno'd (853 coming soon)

http://www.chathamclose.com/pics/dyno.jpg

Done CSS, and Advanced road riding courses, just applying them all's the challenge.

Lightened flywheel makes a 748 even more revvy, but could be fitted at the same time as a slipper for no additional labour. Will consider.

Sprockets etc, not exactly condusive to just getting on an riding it. I like the way it's geared right now. In fact a royal pita for a road bike.

If the slippers for the track, can you please tell my bike to stop locking the rear on entry to some bends on the road then ...

Thats me told then !!

Never had a problem with the rear locking up with my 998 on the road , with blipping the throttle in between gear changes , maybe its just me then !
Old 01-Jul-2004, 18:16
Big Twin

Lot's of passionate opinion in here today! Which is great, probably partly my own fault for not explaining the current state of the bike to begin with.

I'm on the lookout for a set of Magnesium wheels, too, maybe I'll wait until they're on before trying the slipper

Cheers Guys, you've just stopped me spending a few hundred quid, and I'll try blipping harder, and not banging down the box....
Old 01-Jul-2004, 21:38
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Quote:

Lightened flywheel makes a 748 even more revvy, but could be fitted at the same time as a slipper for no additional labour. Will consider.

Lightened flywheel is a good move, but it's on the other side of the engine to the clutch so there will be labour incurred plus coolant and oil.
Worth doing though IMO. Increases the engine breaking rather than making the motor "revvy".
Old 02-Jul-2004, 01:06
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
Quote:
Suspension setup already booked @ MH Racing next weekend

FIM Chip, filters etc already fitted and dyno'd (853 coming soon)

http://www.chathamclose.com/pics/dyno.jpg

Done CSS, and Advanced road riding courses, just applying them all's the challenge.

Sprockets etc, not exactly condusive to just getting on an riding it. I like the way it's geared right now. In fact a royal pita for a road bike.

If the slippers for the track, can you please tell my bike to stop locking the rear on entry to some bends on the road then ...

learn to ride then mate. i could go quicker without ever locking up the rear.

Didn't you previously admit to not being able to blip on downchanges
Old 02-Jul-2004, 08:10
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
if you do lock the rear up on track at all you should definitely get a slipper, it all come down to personal riding styles. i dont think i come down the box (woof!) really quick but definitely quicker that some people. at rockingham at the weekend i was consisitently overtaking people coming of the banking by braking later and banging down the gears. the slipper probably just gives me that extra confidence. i never used to lock the rear on the road though.
Old 02-Jul-2004, 09:27
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
u dont ride on the road...........:P
Old 02-Jul-2004, 11:36
Big Twin

Steady now, no friday morning fighting

Old 02-Jul-2004, 12:36
Ducati Corse

You beat me to it Neil!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by nelly
Quote:

Lightened flywheel is a good move, but it's on the other side of the engine to the clutch so there will be labour incurred plus coolant and oil.
Worth doing though IMO. Increases the engine breaking rather than making the motor "revvy".