Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-May-2005, 17:19
Bevel Head

Thanks Dibble, dont call on them, or put yourself in any kind of position on my account, but if you can have a wander past and see if it looks like a house address or a business etc...

Even with the p&p, it worked out as £55 for a pair of air tube covers, which is cheap compared to other places.

I wondered if the seller is just acting as an agent, and the actual products are made somewhere cheap like the Far East, and he just send over the addresses to them, and they send them direct to the customers - would account for the high P&P. If the seller has no control over the actual delivery, maybe he's having problems getting them from the supplier or something...

Most sellers on Ebay fiddling the fees tend to put the items as £1 or something, then add on £99 postage to make up the total amount, this sellers postal charges all just seem a bit random just to be fee avoidance.
Old 31-May-2005, 17:27
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by mikecardiff
Thanks Dibble, dont call on them, or put yourself in any kind of position on my account, but if you can have a wander past and see if it looks like a house address or a business etc...

Even with the p&p, it worked out as £55 for a pair of air tube covers, which is cheap compared to other places.

I wondered if the seller is just acting as an agent, and the actual products are made somewhere cheap like the Far East, and he just send over the addresses to them, and they send them direct to the customers - would account for the high P&P. If the seller has no control over the actual delivery, maybe he's having problems getting them from the supplier or something...

Most sellers on Ebay fiddling the fees tend to put the items as £1 or something, then add on £99 postage to make up the total amount, this sellers postal charges all just seem a bit random just to be fee avoidance.

Mike, you have a u2u
Old 31-May-2005, 17:31
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by mikecardiff

This is highly likely given the style of the ads compared to the style of his website, along with the previous junk he's sold on ebay (like links to info rather than the actual info!) and also the crap on his website he's selling.

As you say, it'll probably be alright be just be prepared to wait for it as he's more than likely just a middle man.
Old 31-May-2005, 17:59
Bevel Head

Have noticed as well he's removed his postal address from his website ( I found it on an old Google link ) - so maybe hes expecting a lot of dissapointed buyers shortly

I'm not that bothered as I can easily get my money back if he doesnt deliver, but I noticed all his auctions now dont have paypal or cards as an option, only cheques, PO's etc.... so I dont know if hes trying a scam, or is just an unfortunate middleman being let down by a supplier he has no control over.

Does remind me of some good Ebaying advice though for sellers - never list anything you dont physically have in your possession !
Old 03-Jun-2005, 17:43
Bevel Head

Mood: Feel like a Duke...
Mike,

News from Dibble in his U2U? I too bought an item from them but have not paid them yet since they haven't replied to my email messages.

Ciao, Mario
Old 03-Jun-2005, 17:51
Dibble

Mario,

Having had a look at the outfit from the outside, its a lock up shop, the shutters were up and there appeared to be lots of boxes of stuff including kitchen appliances, electrical goods and some carbon bike bits, front fenders etc .... didn't inspire me with confidence and i personally would pay a little more and know my stuffs coming from a reputable source.

Thats just my opinion.
Old 04-Jun-2005, 00:41
Bevel Head

Mood: Feel like a Duke...
Thanks mate!
Old 04-Jun-2005, 10:25
Bevel Head

Quick update - I started a chargeback through paypal to see if it would get the sellers arse in gear.

Couple of hours later got an email saying 'we cant find your payment' - umm... look in your paypal account ? this was despite me having emailed him twice already with the date paid, my address, auction # etc...

Then he managed to find it, and emailed me to say it was being sent out DHL a couple of days ago - have checked the tracking number and something is indeed on the way from them, just not been delivered yet.

Will wait and see what the quality is like though, have a feeling it might be that real crap 'fibreglass with one layer of carbon' stuff, but will reserve judgement until its in my hands.

So... looks like he does have the stuff, although it has taken him best part of 2 weeks before sending it out, if its any good I might buy some more, but only if he lets me arrange to have it collected by parcelforce from him rather than paying his ridiculous p&p charges ( I know how much DHL charge for deliveries, and they arent THAT expensive ! ).

Will post again on this thread once they arrive to let you know if they were any good.

Mike
Old 06-Jun-2005, 13:50
Bevel Head

Hmmm.. they came this morning, they arent bad quality - not as nice as some of the Casoil stuff etc... but look OK for the price.

Only problem - they dont even come close to fitting ! I dont think the people making these have ever actually seen a Duc in the flesh, let alone used one to base the parts on.

So.... cant really recommend anyone else buys stuff from them if the other parts are as badly made as these.