Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Jan-2007, 11:31
GTL

Mood: Just happy to be here!
Gerry, stop trying to tempt me to change my mind!
Old 16-Jan-2007, 13:18
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by racedays
I've been thinking how we can pad the 3 days out (when we're not building igloos or feeling sad because our instructors are just like, so not the best, sniff...and I thought riding in GPs and WSB meant you were quite good.. .) Anyhow, Iain Waine - our regular 'alrightish - but gutted not to be the best' mechanical assistant is going to come up and take care of our vid cam bike. As long as everyone's happy to put into a kitty to cover the costs Iain should be able to get an individual vid of everyone in actiono! Which will be nice! He's raced IOM, MRO, British and the NW200 and has been known to give Mike 'Spike' Edwards a run - so he's fairly competent on a bike! May have trouble staying with Dom though...

And following up on a previous thread we should be able to run a few sessions with practice starts for those who would like to. This would be particularly handy for any Novice racers as you'll be able to get the real 'first corner' experience. Parp. If we've got our new GPS Dataloggers we'll get them into action as well. Wow, the scrap books will be bulging!

And finally, a brief Geography numba! Cartagena is generally regarded as the warmest track in Spain due to it's proximity to the sea. Almeria is probably the driest but is higher = cooler. Guadix is about a whole 500 ft higher than Almeria I think = 1 degree cooler and at about 45 minutes distance isn't exactly in a different weather zone! Bring a jumper and sunblock!

Nice one Gerry - can we go Guadix yet?
Old 16-Jan-2007, 14:30
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
Quote:
I've been thinking how we can pad the 3 days out (when we're not building igloos or feeling sad because our instructors are just like, so not the best, sniff...and I thought riding in GPs and WSB meant you were quite good.. .) Anyhow, Iain Waine - our regular 'alrightish - but gutted not to be the best' mechanical assistant is going to come up and take care of our vid cam bike. As long as everyone's happy to put into a kitty to cover the costs Iain should be able to get an individual vid of everyone in actiono! Which will be nice! He's raced IOM, MRO, British and the NW200 and has been known to give Mike 'Spike' Edwards a run - so he's fairly competent on a bike! May have trouble staying with Dom though...

And following up on a previous thread we should be able to run a few sessions with practice starts for those who would like to. This would be particularly handy for any Novice racers as you'll be able to get the real 'first corner' experience. Parp. If we've got our new GPS Dataloggers we'll get them into action as well. Wow, the scrap books will be bulging!

And finally, a brief Geography numba! Cartagena is generally regarded as the warmest track in Spain due to it's proximity to the sea. Almeria is probably the driest but is higher = cooler. Guadix is about a whole 500 ft higher than Almeria I think = 1 degree cooler and at about 45 minutes distance isn't exactly in a different weather zone! Bring a jumper and sunblock!

would love to use the datalogger
Old 16-Jan-2007, 18:41
888 at Last !!!

Mood: make poverty history - cheaper Dukes now!
I have a friend who is retired, but into bikes and would like to come along for a jolly, but don't know whether it's going to be boring for him during the day when we're on track.
any other peeps going to watch???

what are the facilities like there - is there a cafe, bar, somewhere to thaw out etc?

Old 16-Jan-2007, 19:06
Mille

No Cafe I'm afraid, just a coffee machine at the moment - the viewings pretty good from the roof terrace though and he can get onto the perimeter road okay to watch the fast bits.

G
Old 16-Jan-2007, 19:10
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
he can get onto the perimeter road okay to watch the fast bits.

G

Is it next to the motorway then?
Old 16-Jan-2007, 21:55
Mille

Of course, life in that part of Spain revolves around the Motorway. Pubs, restaurants, hotels - everything else is, well scarily empty. Bring your compasses and don't turn the wrong way out of the track if it's a full moon!
Old 16-Jan-2007, 21:58
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Which way is the wrong way???
Old 16-Jan-2007, 23:15
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich-racing.co.uk
I have a friend who is retired, but into bikes and would like to come along for a jolly, but don't know whether it's going to be boring for him during the day when we're on track.
any other peeps going to watch???

what are the facilities like there - is there a cafe, bar, somewhere to thaw out etc?

It won't be boring at all Rich, may be a tad cold if the suna aint shining. Has long as he kitted out in warm gear ( wind cheater, gloves and hat). he will have a ball
Old 22-Jan-2007, 21:08
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Helpo Needed

I have been away and have some catching up to do.

I was going sking first but can't go so now need to fly out and hopefully join the group flying out on the 23 Feb from Stansted at 11.40.

I have tried Dickie, dose anyone know if he has a flight and car seat going?

Any car, the boot even?