Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 31-Oct-2004, 19:13
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
Ducati Corse Mofo\'s!! Bayliss replacement inside

Why? why? why?

I hope he proves me wrong

I think they'd be as well only running one motogp bike next year if this was the best they could muster.

Very poor imho, I hope he really proves me wrong.

Cheers!

Scott
Old 31-Oct-2004, 19:25
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Been chatting about this in another thread, will Carlos sell his R1 road bike that he has always spoken so highly of, How many Gps has he won and when was his last win. This year he was riding the same bike that Rossi took to 9 wins and the championship where was Checa most of the time. At least Baylis got as many Rostrums as Caparossi this year and crashed while trying for another earlier in the year.
Old 31-Oct-2004, 19:42
Big Twin

Mood: Avatar what Avatar
I like the first line he will bring speed and enthusiasm to the team ! yer and collect enought Gravel to re-surface all their driveways.

Old 31-Oct-2004, 20:15
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Road Runner
I like the first line he will bring INSERT $$$$ and enthusiasm to the team !

It all down to money methinks !
Old 31-Oct-2004, 20:17
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Checa for Bayliss, smacks of stupidity. It's all about sponsorship money clearly and Troy doesn't bring any with him.

It's all about being Spanish ..
Old 31-Oct-2004, 20:17
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Nah, can't see Carlos doing much unless the bike is improved over the wineter (beyond the Hondas).

WeeJohnyB
Old 31-Oct-2004, 20:20
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
Checa's career was on the up until the point where he died; he died trackside on a Donington qualifying if I remember right. Straight away he was talking of a return and that alone was amazing, but since then I think he has had another outlook to life and most of his effort has been perhaps on the PR side in Spain.

Checas ride on the Ducati comes from Philip Morris pressure, - Checa's name sells Marlboro cigarettes, - given the cost of running a MotoGP team and where the money comes from it is not surprising that he has the ride really, perhaps not right but until Australia companies start investing in the sport Australian riders will not be calling the tune. It has always surprised me that given the success of Australian riders that none of their homeland companies have tapped into it, but I guess Australia is a bit like the USA, they as a whole do not treat Motorcycle racing with the respect that it deserves.

Out of all of this I actually think Bayliss will come out ok; I think he will get a Camel Honda ride.
Old 01-Nov-2004, 10:37
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
I have to say that when i heard the news i thought WTF! I have to own up to being a Bayliss fan,that said he hasn't had many good results this year(apart from yesterday,which was great),but nobody else on a Duke has really set the world on fire have they?
One thing about Troy is that he'll always give it 110% even if the bike under him isn't great,that'll account for some of his gravel trap trips this season!
If Ducati corse were replacing him for someone who could actually win a GP then that would be reasonable,but "CARELESS CHUCKER",why?
OK,the money is probably talking,but he's been at Yamaha for 6 years & not even sniffed a win! This year he's Rossi's teamate,that'll be 9 nil to Rossi then!!
I really think Troy should have been given another chance,if only to reward him for giving Ducati BSB & WSB titles,has Carlos ever even ridden a Duke at ANY level?
I'm really disappointed with Ducati for this decision(& for replacing the lovely 916 with the ugly 999,but that's another story).i'll be telling anybody who'll listen to me on the Ducati stand at this weekends show!!
Old 01-Nov-2004, 10:53
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Did anyone see Claudio Domecialli's face watching Troy on Sunday. I thought he had the look of a man who was saying told you so to himself or oh dear we've sacked our best rider??!!

Ray
Old 01-Nov-2004, 11:29
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Checa will achieve axactly the same as he has on 250's 500's and MotoGp - nothing.
What are Ducati thinking about???????

Bad move.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit