Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Oct-2012, 17:51
Bikes: 09 Indian Roadmaster, 05 Ducati SS1000DS (track and street), 09 Kawasaki ZX6R (track only)

Toby Steering damper

Hello,
I am new here. My name is Joe and I have a 05 SS1000DS. I've had it about 4 months and have racked up some miles on it. I also plan on tracking it next spring. I've heard Toby steering dampers are more popular over there so this seemed to be the place to ask this. Does anyone use one? I recently ordered one and have had some problems installing it. It appears the bracket that goes on the fork tube is 54mm. It would fit on the forks near the bottom of the triple tree but then it hits the fairing stay and will not turn. Plus, at that angle the damper hits the coil. While the package is labeled correctly for my bike, it appears that I need a 50mm bracket for the fork tube to fit correctly. Has anyone else had this problem and perhaps a solution? Thank you in advance and I look forward to learning a lot here!

Joe
Old 21-Oct-2012, 20:15
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hello and Welcome, Joe.

Glad you found the Sporting club and signed up.

Quite a few posts here about the Toby dampers, try a search for them, my info is posted amongst them:

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=54886

Good luck - Frank

NB - Virtual drinks are on you so a wee dram of Balvenie will do nicely, thanks