Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Jun-2004, 12:10
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Is this a full system, or just an end can ?

With the Leo Vinci do you use just a powercommander or is there still a replacement ECU ?

You didn't happen to get the price for a 54mm system

Rob
Old 28-Jun-2004, 20:36
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Answer for Electric sheep,
Ithe leo vinci is a full system and does require a powercommander to be fitted(so long as you have the latest ECU fitted).
Cost is £1600 +vat for the 54mm and £1800 +vat for the 57mm.
You will also have to add the cost of altering the pipes to clear the swingarm and to have the PC111 fitted and set up(about £5-600).
The 54mm is quite ok if you are not going any further in the future but well worth spending the extra £200 if you want to go the cam and head route later on (as i do).
hope this helps
Butch
Old 28-Jun-2004, 21:07
500SD

Mood: head down
exhaust 57Ti

sorry its late .. the pic of the rear Ti box
just heard from ducati today that all the parts are to be replaced for new parts, including another heat shield and a rear subframe as its a little cooked from the exhaust ........
Old 30-Jun-2004, 00:52
Mille

May be bit of a dumb question but why would'nt a standard up grade 749/999 termi system not fit and would the difference in power if any be noticeable to the very expensive alternative?
I look forward to your expert technical views
Old 30-Jun-2004, 08:43
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Quote:
Originally posted by bazzer sps
May be bit of a dumb question but why would'nt a standard up grade 749/999 termi system not fit and would the difference in power if any be noticeable to the very expensive alternative?
I look forward to your expert technical views

unfortunately because of the swing arm , as I have just found out.

I've been running my 749R with the silencer from a 749S assymetric termi system and the standard pipes , when using this system the rear pipe remains standard anyway and you fit a new fronmt pipe with no cat , the 749S front pipe will not fit the R because of the deep sump engine.

The new front pipe from a 999S (also deep sump) arrived yesterday and I tried fitting it last night only to find that it fouls on the swing arm , so it looks like my options are :

New front pipe from an assymetric system for an 04 999R
Buy a standard 749R front pipe and get Scottch to cut the cat out
Just get Scottch to cut the front pipe I have and sort something out come first MOT time

..................pass me the phone
Old 30-Jun-2004, 09:06
everton

Quote:
Originally posted by yellowisfriedegg

The new front pipe from a 999S (also deep sump) arrived yesterday and I tried fitting it last night only to find that it fouls on the swing arm , so it looks like my options are :

or find a good panel beater with a big hammer..............it has been known.
Old 07-Jul-2004, 01:53

Butch, when you get your Leo Vince system back I'd love to hear your opinion on the sound (i.e. compared to Termi's). From what I've seen I think I may be getting the LeoVince for my 749S when they're available.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by butch890
Went to jhp yesterday to collect my 749r and after talking to John i decided after comparing both termi and leo vinci systems we are going with the latter.
The quality was in a different league,welds are beautifull ,brackets much more substantial and the billet mounting on the silencer is to die for!
Its 57mm (they do 54)and is exactly the same as Lanzi used last year.
Total cost will be less than the termi,even with the cost of the PC111 and modifing the pipes to clear the new swingarm.
John is doing before and after dyno readings so i will report back when i pick her up.
Butch
Old 17-Sep-2005, 13:32

I HAVE TERM. HALF SYS. AND PC3 CUSTOM MAP AND GET 114.1 ON DYNOJET DYNO.
I HAVE ORDERED 57MM + TIT. SLNCER. AND WILL POST RESULTS WHEN INSTALLED AND MAPPED.
Old 17-Sep-2005, 17:32
Mille

We are patiently waiting for anything here in the states. Nothing is available yet to fit the new swing arm like on my '05 749s...but they say sometime soon. One shop has had them on order since last November. I've actually already placed an order for the full 54mm system. It's gonna be steel because of the price, but the dealers I shopped at said the Ti systems are a long way behind the steel ones as far as coming here. This set up here will also come with the new ECU.

[Edited on 17-9-2005 by galaxy]
Old 18-Sep-2005, 10:13
Big Twin

Mood: r
ive had both systems on mt r, the slip on can option was very good, scottch cut out the cat in the down pipe ( very good job too) ,this option is much cheaper & does the job. 57mm system looks great on the bike but is it worth £2000+? for me, no.