Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Mar-2005, 16:19
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by cmoss
Yes, I have the optional speed sensor, but would like this fitted professionally as it need rolling road to set mph. Not that many wires to connect but just don't have the time.

You could calibrate the MPH with a GPS receiver.
Old 10-Mar-2005, 16:48
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by 748mart
Quote:
Originally posted by cmoss
Yes, I have the optional speed sensor, but would like this fitted professionally as it need rolling road to set mph. Not that many wires to connect but just don't have the time.

You could calibrate the MPH with a GPS receiver.

What is it with Essex & gps?? You must spend far to much time with Desmondo mate!
Old 10-Mar-2005, 19:48
Bevel Head

Thanks contacted them, may be they can fit me in for a engine re-map as well. They will ring back tomorrow.
Old 10-Mar-2005, 22:29
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Don't be a poof!

Calibrate it on the paddock stand! Thats where I'll be calibrating mine when I get round to fitting it. Lovely bit o kit though!
Old 11-Mar-2005, 10:51
BSB Star

Mossy, have you decided where to position your "speed" sensor yet? I had thought of using the front disc bolts as the "source" unfortunately they are stainless steel and as such will have no effect on a Hall effect switch. Think it may have to be the rear disc, but mounting the sensor is gonna be tricky.
Old 11-Mar-2005, 11:25
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Mount it behind the front sprocket so that it triggers off the teeth. Works great and you don't have to deal with the wire going through suspension.
Old 14-Mar-2005, 21:41
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix
Mount it behind the front sprocket so that it triggers off the teeth.

Will that really work Felix? Have to admit it would be a wonderfully elegant solution.

Hang on tho, it won't show the right speed when I'm sliding the rear wheel tho.......
Old 14-Mar-2005, 21:47
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
As long as you can program the dash for the right number of pulses per revolution then it will. I've done this a few times with Stack gauges and it worked a treat. The correct number of pulses, by the way, is the number of teeth of your rear sprocket. Obviously, you'll also need to enter tyre circumference.

To other error, beside the rear tyre spinning, is when you're cranked over on the edge of the tyre as the circumference is less when compared to the centre of the tyre. Not that that would be a problem for you, I presume.
Old 14-Mar-2005, 22:07
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Yep, to all that, you can program the dash with a bit of string not a dyno. Ehh?

Well, lay a bit of string (or a tape measure) in your drive. Mark a point on your tyre and push it along, your only measuring the circumference. With that number, you can do the rest of the math to workout (and programe in) whatever detail the dash needs. Eg. how far you are travelling per tyre revolution and how many pulses per rev of the sensor (if you put it on the gearbox O/P) is a simple calc on the 15/41 (or whatever) ratio of the final drive.

Happy to talk you through it if you want to give me a call.

Rgds, Rob
Old 14-Mar-2005, 22:31
Bevel Head

Hi All, contacted company at Garstang but they are not interested in doing the dash as they say it needs a bracket making, never mind looks like Super Glue and some cable ties are in order. I just wanted to drop it off and in a couple of days pick it up all down and dusted, as last year spent too long fiddling with add ons instead of riding the bloody thing. But looks like a few weeks in the shed to sort out