Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 22-Mar-2005, 18:20
Mille

Mood: Up For It!
Pembrey

Raced at Pembrey on the 19th and 20th March. A weekend where feelings from one end of the spectrum to another were experienced.

Practice on Saturday did not go well, it was very busy (about 40+ bikes out in my session) didn't really get into the groove or get dialled in and lapped way off of where I would have expected, came in feeling very downbeat.

Sat down, chilled out and went through the laps in my head and basically just tried to sort myself out.

By the time the first race came around I felt totally up for it and knew I would go alright before I even sat on the bike.

I was 13th on the grid, got a decent start and quickly got up into 4th, then got into 3rd and got my head down but the leading two were now out of reach. Result 3rd.

This put me on the front row for the points race, got a decent start but missed a gear and got overtaken by about four bikes in the run up to the hairpin. Fought my way through but again by the time I was clear the leading two riders were just out of touch. However, I was encouraged by the fact that my fastest lap of the race was quicker than that of the race winner.

Forgot to add that my clutch disintegrated and was slipping like crazy on the last couple of laps and had to work until 10.30 p.m rebuilding from a collection of second hand plates/spacers that I raked up from my toolbox with help from a fellow competitor!

I was raring to go on Sunday, in the knowledge that there were a number of places where I knew I could find some more speed and post some qicker times.

Again off 13th on the grid, Got a terrible start due to the very snatchy bodged clutch and was 11th going into the first corner, worked hard and finished 4th which put me on the front row for the points race.

Two races before the second S.O.T race there was a serious start line pile up in the streetstocks race, several riders were involved. We knew instantly that the situation was serious and when the air ambulance arrived followed by the police this confirmed our worst fears. It was with great shock and sadness that the paddock learned that a fellow competitor had lost his life in the accident.

Whilst we all know that danger is ever present, actually being there makes you very sad indeed.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those involved.

[Edited on 23-3-2005 by Garry Smith]
Old 22-Mar-2005, 18:25
Dibble

Miles Tripp - RIP

This was his site .... www.sportsbikeworld.co.uk
Old 22-Mar-2005, 18:45
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Poor bugger. Doing what he loved doing, but it's a tough way to go just the same. RIP MAte.
Old 22-Mar-2005, 19:07
500SD

Mood: DOH!
RIP fella
Old 23-Mar-2005, 12:30
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Oh crrap! I don't even want to try to imagine what it feels like to be part of a race meet where a fellow competitor dies. Most likely, I'd pack up and go home.

As for your results, Garry, again top job. Get your clutch sorted, practise the starts and you'll be winning again.

[Edited on 23-3-2005 by Felix]
Old 23-Mar-2005, 12:34
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
This is no good, I saw it on VD as well. Poor bugger.

At least he went out doing something that he loved.

Not trying to take anything from the gravity of his loss but suffice to say I will not be telling my wife and children about this as my first race is only 1 month away

Certainly made me have a think about things anyway ...

RIP
Old 25-Mar-2005, 14:13
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
RIP

certainly does make you think about things

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit