Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 27-Jun-2015, 19:18

Question 900ss ie Shock - Sachs or Showa?

The suspendies on my streetfightered 900ss ie are so harsh its actually deeply unpleasant to ride the bike on some roads. My bike has been heavily messed around with by previous owners, including work being done on the suspension. There's a hyperpro sticker on the forks and the shock has a white spring instead of the standard yellow. This bike feels like it's set up for the track rather rhan the road, or that it's been set up for someone of Shrek-like proportions (which I'm not).

I put all the settings back to standard but it's not made much difference which suggests to me that the springs are too stiff.

Hence, I was thinking of swapping the shock for a OE unit to see if this improved the rear at least, but there's so much conflicting info about what shock came fitted to a 1999 900ss ie. Some sites say Showa, some say Sachs. It's imoortant to get it right because I undestand that the ie shock is longer and so has an effect on steering.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks