Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Aug-2006, 20:00
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
How many should we allow to sign up for the 2007 series....32, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64

If limiting the number of entries to one grid how do we decide who should be entering the series

How Many grids should we try for if we have less than 50 sign up..... 1 or 2

If only running 1 grid and we have 40 or more signed up how do we decide who are reserves/non quallifiers

If only one grid and DD races at Mallory at a club event with 32 on a grid how many will be happy to race in a class other than DD

Answers to the usual address please

I feel the above are valid questions and need to be considered when negotiating with New Era or any other clubs with regard to them running the series in 2007. If a club or clubs decide they could run DD within there programme providing we were just one grid then many of the points I have raised will need to be considered.
It is not a given that we will be with New Era next year
It is not a given that we will get a grid per class
it is not a given that we will get to choose which circuits we race at

The last thing I want is to see DD carry on next year as it has this, we had riders who didn't enter Castle Combe as they did not expect to quallify, we had riders as reserves at Oulton and would have had the same situation at Donington if the format had not been turned on its head.

As I said earlier I will not run DD next year if its only one grid, there are riders out there that need a DD grid spot more than me. If its to be two grids then I will be there in Class A.
I would like to know which it is to be sooner rather than later and the answers to my above questions will give me the answer and as was mentioned in the DD emails today there will be talks going on with JP at Donington this weekend so asking a question about running DD at Club events next year is not to much to ask and if that was to be the case then different circuits with different grid sizes bring certain problems to a one make championship like DD, even more so when one grid can be made up of two classes where every rider on the grid scores championship points.

As for supporting DD, I paid for 4 DD races at Donington as per the regs, New Era turned this into one 12 lap race and 15mins timed practice, I feel they are using us and told them so and asked for my money back, the likes of Kye didn't enter for the same reason.

As the Class B Rep I am happy to tell New Era (it was in my letter to them) that DD is not Superclub and that the new format does not suit a race class like ours and therefore withdraw my entry but i'm not going to suggest that others should do the same, they can make up their own minds.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 08-Aug-2006, 21:31
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by domski

You're still wrong, despite emailing me not 10 mins ago to tell me that I was indeed 100% correct when I reminded you that you haven't asked me to work with you.

Look I said (in the email)...

...your reply to that was...

That's not quite what you've edited in above is it?

I don't know why I'm surprised.

Just so people are aware, I've had 8 emails in 3 hours from Paul. A lot gets said off the forum. I know some of you think that I or DD riders in general moan a lot, but there is a bit more to it than that and I think that in the interests of transparency, people should know that.

I don't even feel like I deserve to comment because I have so little involvement in making the DD what it is now - so thanks to all those who do.

However:
Don't you think that this final comment about what gets said off the forum suggests that there has to be a meeting set up to involve all existing riders and get everything out on the table to get the running of the series and the format for next year sorted out. This way everyone can see and hear and have a say (if they so wish).

Franco
Old 08-Aug-2006, 21:47
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfasulli
I don't even feel like I deserve to comment because I have so little involvement in making the DD what it is now - so thanks to all those who do.

However:
Don't you think that this final comment about what gets said off the forum suggests that there has to be a meeting set up to involve all existing riders and get everything out on the table to get the running of the series and the format for next year sorted out. This way everyone can see and hear and have a say (if they so wish).

Franco

For a new guy, you speak a lot of sense. Well Done!

I'm also guessing you are the type of DD racer we need next year.

Can we please just go race yet?

Can't we all just get along?

FFS
Old 08-Aug-2006, 22:06
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfasulli
there has to be a meeting set up to involve all existing riders and get everything out on the table to get the running of the series and the format for next year sorted out. This way everyone can see and hear and have a say (if they so wish).

Franco

Franco that was the point behind the questionnaires that Tim and myself sent out I had 24 out of 31 replies (no reply from you) that have given the RC something to work with, certain questions have been answered with a clear majority while others are very close, on other questions many are happy to go with the flow. The RC/MT are now on to the next stage where they have conversed with the rest of the MT and will be putting out a draft proposal for next years series to the riders in the not to distant future (I know the original deadline was later this month).
What ever is decided will not be the be all and end all of it as the riders maydecide on a 7 round series and race club organisers want us to do 8 or only offer us 6 then DD may have to accept a few changes.

If the following Class B riders would care to reply to the email they were sent then we would have 100% replies

Kevin Palmer
Phil Harris
Franco Nisco
Richard Hathaway
Kieran Murphy
Kevin Mooney
Mark Foskett

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 08-Aug-2006, 23:00
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Franco that was the point behind the questionnaires that Tim and myself sent out I had 24 out of 31 replies (no reply from you) that have given the RC something to work with, certain questions have been answered with a clear majority while others are very close, on other questions many are happy to go with the flow. The RC/MT are now on to the next stage where they have conversed with the rest of the MT and will be putting out a draft proposal for next years series to the riders in the not to distant future (I know the original deadline was later this month).
What ever is decided will not be the be all and end all of it as the riders maydecide on a 7 round series and race club organisers want us to do 8 or only offer us 6 then DD may have to accept a few changes.

If the following Class B riders would care to reply to the email they were sent then we would have 100% replies

Kevin Palmer
Phil Harris
Franco Nisco
Richard Hathaway
Kieran Murphy
Kevin Mooney
Mark Foskett

Kevin,

Sorry for not replying to emails. Work and home commitments have taken over my life. Will reply to emails tomorrow.

Thanks