Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 01-Dec-2005, 17:47
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by couchcommando
I would prefer points scoring at all the UK rounds, it wouldn't bother me if Assen was none points scoring as not all the competitors can make that one and for me Assen is a pure fun thing, also we don't get a lot of practice there which will penalise slow learners like me LOL

us too.

However we did put that idea to the RC early last month, and have been told it isnt up for discussion.

We are still going tho, just have the feeling it could be hard on anyone who doesnt get onto the grid for whatever means - either cost, or oversubscription of riders..........

Am still happy to donate cash for this to be a 'prize' race - and am sure other members would donate too and this could alleviate the need for it to then be points - but cash instead.

C
Old 01-Dec-2005, 17:50
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
So what happens if a rider doesn't get onto the grid at Assen because it's full/over subscribed, and they'd already planned to use their "joker" to drop two races by missing a different round due to other commitments?

Old 01-Dec-2005, 17:53
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
exactly the point we were trying to make Antony
Old 01-Dec-2005, 17:58
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally posted by AK and CK
Quote:
Originally posted by couchcommando
I would prefer points scoring at all the UK rounds, it wouldn't bother me if Assen was none points scoring as not all the competitors can make that one and for me Assen is a pure fun thing, also we don't get a lot of practice there which will penalise slow learners like me LOL

us too.

However we did put that idea to the RC early last month, and have been told it isnt up for discussion.

We are still going tho, just have the feeling it could be hard on anyone who doesnt get onto the grid for whatever means - either cost, or oversubscription of riders..........

Am still happy to donate cash for this to be a 'prize' race - and am sure other members would donate too and this could alleviate the need for it to then be points - but cash instead.

C

the idea of Assen being a 'prize' event I really like. I would put £10 into a prize fund and if the other 44 riders did likewise we would have a nice fund for the winners, anyone else agree ?

[Edited on 1-12-2005 by couchcommando]
Old 01-Dec-2005, 18:07
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
I don't know if I will be able to afford to go to Assen, especially as we're told it would cost £150 to get the bike "transported", and does that include getting the bike to the transporter? Never mind the cost of getting me and my 25 pit crew there!! But then again, if it's a points scoring round maybe I couldn't afford NOT to do it
Old 01-Dec-2005, 18:18
Bevel Head

Mood: accepting the inevitable
I emailed Chris regarding wishing Cadwell to be points scoring, incorrectly it appears, rather than reword his comments I thought I'd just copy his reply here, which he wished for (I hope I understood you right Chris):

"You should post your comments back to Desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com please.

You are not the only person who has already been in touch about this, making the same point and I assume that it was you who started the thread on the message board.

Please point out on the thread that comments should go back to the above address and we will review feedback say on Monday and come back to the riders."

So lets get emailing and fingers crossed for Monday then
Old 01-Dec-2005, 18:34
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I'll vote for Cadwell to be points scoring - makes sense.

I'd rather start in April, but if there's a race in March it must be points scoring and I'll be there!!!

Tim
Old 01-Dec-2005, 18:36
WSB Hero

Just sent an email to Desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com to let them know my thoughts - if you agree, you'd best do likewise.

Tim
Old 01-Dec-2005, 18:49
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Just sent an email to Desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com to let them know my thoughts - if you agree, you'd best do likewise.

Tim

Done, by your command, m'lud
Old 01-Dec-2005, 19:20
WSB Hero

Seems that if Cadwell is scoring then we might keep Snett to a single long race and not the proposed 3 races (over the weekend).

I'd be happy to do 3 races at Snett, but for anyone who can't make that weekend or falls off in Sat practice, they'd be forced to drop points. Seems a bit unfair.

Tim